Classroom, Inc. is seeking a part-time Marketing Associate to support our marketing initiatives and campaigns. The Marketing Associate will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications to help implement a broad, strategic marketing plan for expansion and branding. He/she will also collaborate closely with the Development, Product Development, and Professional Learning and School Support teams. Qualified candidates will be dedicated to cultivating an engaging and innovating edtech brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional user and donor experience.
Classroom, Inc. is an experiencing an exciting moment for marketing opportunities, as we redesign our website, plan our 25th anniversary celebration, expand branding and more. We need a candidate who can come on board and be fully immersed in all of the things opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute messaging and content on all of Classroom, Inc.’s marketing channels, including email and social media
- Partner with internal and external partners to provide support on executing messaging
- Drive development of new content and marketing strategies for the channels
- Work with the 3rd party vendors and contractors to redesign the Classroom, Inc. website and enhance branding
- Provide support in the research and analysis of new channels and areas of growth for Classroom, Inc.
- Draw insights on best practices, campaign enhancements, and new industry trends
- Track and analyze effectiveness of all marketing campaigns across online and offline channels
- Develop and run our promotional and campaigns offerings
- Report on campaign results, highlighting successes, learning opportunites, trends, and next steps
- Run A/B testing for marketing channels – drive creative testing and analyze long-term effectiveness of test campaigns versus control creatives
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field and at least two years of demonstrated experience and success in communications and digital marketing
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional storytelling skills, including experience in copywriting
- Understanding of social media channels
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Nonprofit and/or education sector experience
- Proficiency in software including: Photoshop, Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel
- Google Adwords Skills
1 to 2 years
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Classroom, Inc. is a nonprofit that helps students in high-poverty communities develop literacy and leadership skills. By creating digital learning games and curriculum set in the professional world and supporting educators in creating student-centered classrooms, we invite students to take charge of their learning. For 25 years, we’ve created digital learning games that make authentic connections between school, college, and career using a blended learning model focusing on vocational aspirations. Students take on decision-making roles as professionals in a simulated workplace while improving literacy, 21st century skills, confidence, and engagement. We also provide educators across the country with professional development to effectively use our programs and leverage technology. Our learning games are successfully used in school, extended day, afterschool, and summer school environments.
The Part-time Marketing Associate will be expected to work approximately 21 hours per week, within normal business hours of 9:00–5:00, Monday through Friday.
This is a part-time contract position with compensation commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “CI Marketing Associate” as the subject.