The Marketing Manager is responsible for seeding, promoting, and helping to close sales of print and digital products and services within their respective portfolio. The Marketing Manager will partner with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure strong development and positioning of their portfolios. This role will train and position their assigned portfolios through communication to sales representatives and customer facing presentations, along with live and online events. This person provides direction to the Market Coordinator role to ensure sales teams have the product training tools, competitive analysis tools, and general product knowledge support they need to close high-value business. In addition, the Marketing Manager will create and execute digital demand generation marketing strategies and provide analytical reporting on overall portfolio performance.
- Create innovative go-to-market and go-to-sales plans and campaigns for assigned portfolio, utilizing effective and innovative marketing tactics.
- Compose compelling messages for your College Success and Communication portfolios that engages our sales force and targeted customer segments that lead to conversion to sales.
- Partner with the College Success and Communication Product and Technology teams to develop marketing strategy and messaging to support new and existing products and solutions and develop internal and external messaging.
- As an integral part of the product development team, you will attend key strategy meetings to help influence the direction of the high priority products during development and ensure market advantages and differentiation.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Campaign Manager to create and deliver content for marketing campaigns and sales-facing tools and resources.
- Create and manage customer-facing product information for defined portfolio (priority products or channels).
- Work closely with the Market Research team to help identify research needs and synthesize findings to develop customer insights. Socialize insights throughout the organization and use information to develop business and marketing strategies and influence product development.
- In close collaboration with the Sales and Events teams, promote customer events that have a high impact on enrollments, cost, sales conversions.
- Contribute to the day-to-day marketing activities from concept and research through to implementation.
- Work with the web team to ensure that products/services are accurately reflected on our Web sites and that all required lead acquisition components are fully in place.
- Identify, monitor, and track high impact targets for assigned courses/disciplines to drive portfolio success.
- Track analytics for marketing campaigns and sales, highlighting digital conversion metrics, throughout the current selling season for print and digital solutions and provide feedback to the marketing and sales teams.
- Own and execute demand generation strategies designed to expand reach of customer messaging and increase overall customer engagement and product adoption.
- Work directly with sales management to increase sales activities during the different sales cycles.
- Mentor and provide direction to Marketing Coordinators to craft, test, and refine effective sales tools and sales collateral.
- Build relationships with key market influencers, i.e., early adopter distributor and end user customers, and thought leaders.
- Strategize with Learning Consultants and other sales partners on key targets and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of Marketing or Sales experience
- Engaging speaker with superior presentation skills
- Excellent writer and story teller
- Success in managing and delivering Webinars and live events
- The creativity and ingenuity needed to create content strategies that balance user needs with business requirements.
- Outgoing personality with a focus on relationship building and relationship management
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Sales or Communications or equivalent theoretical depth
- Copy writing experience
- Higher Education experience
- Actively involved in the social media space, with a proven understanding of how to use social media tools to effectively listen, communicate, and build relationships
- Demand generation and data analytics.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.