Human Resources Generalist
IXL Learning - San Mateo, CA - Full time
IXL Learning is looking for an experienced full-time Human Resources Generalist to grow with us as our 300 person company continues to expand. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: policy and process implementation, immigration, leave of absence program and employment law compliance.
This role will report to our Human Resources Director and is based in our San Mateo, CA headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Administer IXL plans and policies; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Maintain and manage IXL’s foreign national compliance; Work with attorneys and guide employee’s on B1 and TN Visa filings, OPT STEM extensions, and Permanent Resident Status
- Subject matter expert in specialized regulatory areas (EEOC, ADA, FMLA, PFL, CFRA etc.) and employee relations to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations
- Maintain a current knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Work with department to triage general HR/benefits questions
- Partner with team to assist in new hire onboarding, and annual open enrollment
- Coordinate, plan and schedule required employee trainings (i.e. Sexual Harassment)
- Develops and assists in maintenance of IXL compliance program
- Recommends process improvement for HR procedures in accordance with industry best practices
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience; HR coursework preferred
- 2-3 years of experience as Human Resource Generalist
- Strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, Immigration and best practices
- Ability to manage projects autonomously to completion
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS systems; Namely experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus
1 or more years
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.