- With Content Development Services Team, help establish rates, standards and processes for vendor engagements.
- Assist product teams in creating Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Statements of Work (SOWs) and enforce those agreements with chosen vendors.
- Establish and maintain regular, successful, effective, and frequent communication with vendors
- Track regular "aggregate" or "collective" reports of ongoing projects from each vendor, and monitor for performance or problems
- Ensure vendor and product team success for individual products/projects by facilitating and supporting communication, standard processes, best practices, etc.
- With Content Development Services Team, contribute to ongoing efforts for improved efficiency, evaluation of new and current vendor partners, training, process and system improvement, etc.
- With Development & Operations team, contribute to wider operational goals to ensure that internally-focused efforts are appropriately adapted and shared with external partners
- Where appropriate, facilitate and guide product teams in transition from dependency on individual freelance contributors to incorporated vendor partners
- Work with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Content Developers, Production and CTQA partners, and vendors) to gauge the performance of vendors and internal partners, ensure compliance with Cengage standards, and identify solutions to prevent or mitigate issues.
- Consult regularly with Product Directors and Product Managers on the options available and ongoing performance of Development Services program for their products.
- Manage relationships with vendors effectively; ensure consistently high standards of quality, timeliness, delivery and leveraged pricing are met. Analytical thinking is essential to see the relationship between seemingly unrelated issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a successful Content Developer (or similar experience).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing authors, freelancers and/or vendor engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal and written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated flexibility in balancing speed and quality.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A proactive and tenacious approach to problem solving is a must. Must be action and results-oriented.
- Passion for acquisition, expansion, application, and propagation of knowledge.
- Proven decision-making ability and initiative.
- Ability to analyze needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness capturing and using data to share information and support decisions.
- Direct and applicable experience in Academic publishing.
- Demonstrated results in collaborative success, influencing without authority, and leadership skills.
- Successful experience working with cross-functional, geographically-distributed teams.
- Effective networking and negotiating skills.
- Experience in global marketplace and proven ability to build successful relationships with global partners.
- Experience with digital publishing tools, business systems and data outputs, MS Office and/or SharePoint, or other collaboration tools a plus.
Boston, Mason and SF offices considered.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.
Dream job in
EdSurge Connect Beta matches talented educators, technologists, and business leaders with amazing edtech companies.CANDIDATES
Companies CONTACT US for more information
Edtech Coordinator · STEM Teacher · English / History Teacher · Administrator · Leadership · Engineering · Design · Research · Product Management · Sales · Marketing