As a member of the Digital Product Services organization, the primary objective for this position is to manage the development and production of digital media products on time and on budget.
Responsible for project management and producing assigned technology products, from product launch through product release within the assigned discipline or product area. Ensures projects are completed according to specifications and are properly documented.
- Manages schedules and hands-on production for assigned digital products, including but not limited to websites, mixed media products (audio, video, and graphic media), and software. Forecasts and tracks actuals of project timeline. Limited budgetary responsibilities.
- Interacts with key stakeholders to understand specifications, content and delivery expectations.
- Produces web-based courses by utilizing proprietary tools and knowledge of web-based languages, including HTML, CSS, XML, and other scripting languages.
- Works with partners, vendors and other outside resources necessary for the development of assigned products. Works within the parameters of the contract negotiated by the Sr. Project Manager, SMP or others within the organization.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project team- including project status, project schedules, justifications for variances, and technical information (architecture, design, specifications, and implementation objectives)
- Ensures that schedules are documented.
- Ensures that product implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance.
- Coordinates activities of freelancers, vendors and associate media producers to produce products.
- Determines conversion guidelines and convey to production when appropriate.
- Ensures that QA test plans meet project requirements.
- Minimum 1 years project managing technology products (in a publishing or educational software environment preferred).
- Excellent project management skills with proven experience managing media technology projects.
- Minimum 2 years experience with HTML and CSS coding and concepts.
- Ability to edit in XML.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Effective time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, budget management, cost estimation, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business drivers and/or publishing processes, including Technology Project Lifecycle.
- Experience with bug-tracking software (JIRA).
- Advanced HTML and XML skills
- Photoshop, MS Project, and Visual Studio or other Development Environments experience a plus.
- Experience with Advanced Mathematics, Chemistry, or Algorithmic content are a plus.
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.