SchoolMint is actively searching for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) in our San Francisco office. The SDR’s primary goal is to qualify and nurture new leads and sales opportunities with K-12 school systems nationwide. The role will focus on three key areas: identifying and qualifying sales leads, building and maintaining strong relationships with decision makers, and supporting the end to end sales process to a win. The SDR will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that SchoolMint provides to schools and families.
The SDR is a high-energy, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and creative problem solving skills. The SchoolMint SDR is comfortable working in a fluid environment, is a team player, is coachable, and has a strong desire to continually learn and improve. To be successful, the role requires self-reliance, grit, and determination to persistently follow up with leads, qualify opportunities, and set up sales success for our rapidly growing venture backed business. Excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess and record customer opportunities will be critical to success. We're looking for professionals with strong detail orientation, and superior organizational and follow up skills, who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Follow up with inbound leads, qualify leads, and opportunities.
- Achieve quarterly qualified lead generation and opportunity conversion goals set by sales and marketing teams.
- Make a high volume of daily emails and phone calls to decision makers.
- Hand-off qualified leads to Account Executive for a sales presentation, and product demo.
- Use, maintain, and manage all prospect and lead data in Salesforce.com
- Become a credible resource to and develop trusted relationships with K-12 school administrators and decision makers.
- Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge on all SchoolMint product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, and marketing materials. Effectively communicate SchoolMint’s value propositions to key decision makers.
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor’s product offerings.
- Create and refine prospecting and selling strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with the SchoolMint team.
- Maintain strong relationships with marketing and sales teams through clear communication and follow-up.
- Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Some travel to industry trade shows or user group meetings may be required
Our ideal candidate:
- You have worked in K-12 education before and have an understanding of administrative processes, structure, and parent facing interactions schools manage on a daily and yearly basis.
- You have had some experience and proven success in SaaS Sales and Lead Development.
- You are familiar with sales processes, tools, and systems like Salesforce.com and Pardot.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You are highly motivated by cold calling, asking probing questions and gathering information.
- You are entrepreneurial and independent with the ability to challenge and inspire the SchoolMint team and customers.
- You have the organizational skills to balance and prioritize a high volume of tasks and objectives on a daily basis.
- You are proactive and self-reliant, and at the same time have a “team first” mentality.
- You are tenacious and persistent and are energizing by hitting goals and deadlines and winning/closing deals.
- You love experimenting and finding better/faster ways to do things.
- You are organized, detail oriented, and understand the need to track everything you do.
- You can pick up the phone and talk to anyone, about anything, at anytime.
- You like to have fun at work!
- Competitive health benefits
- Commuter benefits program
- Competitive PTO program & paid holidays
- Casual working environment
- Daily catered lunch and snacks all day long!
- Stock Options
Any experience level
SchoolMint provides a cloud-based student enrollment and school choice platform to PreK-12 district, charter, and independent schools. Since its founding in 2013, more than 2500 schools worldwide have chosen SchoolMint to streamline all aspects of student enrollment and registration, school choice, lottery management, fee collection, and year-round parent-school communication. Available online and on mobile devices, SchoolMint’s user friendly design transforms the end-to-end enrollment experience for district staff and parents.
Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, Stanford, USC and UC Berkeley and have built products for companies like The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, and Google among others. SchoolMint is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and is well funded by reputed venture capital firms like New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Imagine K12/YCombinator, Govtech Fund, Runa Capital, Fresco Capital as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.