The Project Manager for eCommerce is responsible for managing a wide range of projects, processes, and initiatives in support of the direct distribution channel. This includes executing on the roadmap and managing projects to improve the user experience for purchase and product registration, grow revenue and improve user engagement KPIs. The eCommerce project manager will oversee production support and daily operations for the cengagebrain.com storefront as well as MyCengage, a beta web site that offers a course customized experience for students.
In addition, responsibilities include liaising with customer service and tech support and managing a host of projects related to site releases, new initiatives, external partnerships, online marketing, and other projects related to supporting the direct ecommerce channel at Cengage Learning.
The ideal candidate is customer focused with a strong background working on technical, operational and cross functional projects and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. We’re looking for a self-motivated leader with the ability to effectively manage critical projects and initiatives to grow revenue and improve the customer experience.
- Drive project execution and delivery according to business needs and requirements.
- Provide eCommerce functionality expertise during project planning, development and production-support.
- Collaborate with business owners and stakeholders to lead eCommerce requirements gathering and analysis.
- Creatively apply project management processes to address unique situations. Assess project status and direct corrective measures to ensure project success including escalation and when appropriate.
- Effectively manage multiple medium sized projects, or individual large sized projects.
- Create project plans detailing project schedule, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities. Establish project roles and responsibilities and provide team members with clear direction when needed.
- Define and document project work breakdowns, monitor task, status, update work estimates and incorporate new tasks into plan as needed.
- Project manage initiatives, including customer pilots, beta releases and product launches for Cengage’s online student experiences: CengageBrain.com and MyCengage.
- Provide management of cross-functional teams engaged in supporting the direct commerce channel. This includes sales, marketing, customer support, technology, product and engineering.
- Interface with internal stakeholders (shared service groups including engineering, content production, and customer support teams) to coordinate areas of work i.e. site management, releases, training, catalog management, customer support and training.
- Serve as a liaison with engineering counterpart to facilitate site releases and related deliverables.
- Manage scoping and creation of business requirements for site enhancements, new projects, and releases.
- Work with systems and data teams to maintain the product catalog.
- Serve as the team lead for the print rental program.
- Coordinate with analytics team to manage metrics and reporting for projects.
- Manage other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5 years project management experience, PMP preferred
- Experience in eCommerce and/or web site management
- Experience in project management methodologies and resource management to ensure project results contribute business value and meet agreed-upon scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under deadlines, and work independently
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of business systems and analytics
- Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally with internal groups as well as support external customers
- Ability to problem-solve and overcome obstacles
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.