We are seeking a full-time Curriculum Specialist in the area of reading instruction and curriculum design with an interest in educational technology. The Curriculum Specialist will work along with a team of passionate professionals in educational content design to create reading products for students in grades K through 12.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to support the development of online, student-facing activities for a blended learning reading program. Projects will be fast-paced and require that work be completed with high-quality results. The position is located in Concord, MA.
Job Profile Summary:
- Design activities and interface for delivering educational content to develop foundational reading skills
- Participate in all stages of product design and development, from conceptualization through beta testing and post-release field research
- Contribute actively in cooperative brainstorming and planning meetings
- Work collaboratively with team members to create structure for delivering content
- Create and maintain documentation related to activity design (e.g., wireframes, wordlists)
- Knowledge of best practices in reading (including phonics-based instruction)
- 2+ year experience working in the classroom or school setting (elementary level preferred)
- 2+ experience delivering reading instruction at the elementary school level
- Understanding of rigorous state and national standards for English Language Arts
- Knowledge about presenting educational content in a technology interface with a creative sense of children’s media design
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Previous demonstration of creative approaches to problem-solving and exceptional productivity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- 4 year college degree required (education-related field preferred)
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience in curriculum creation
- Experience using technology in the classroom
- A track record of quality work and excellent references
- A master’s degree in education, cognitive psychology, educational technology or related field is preferred
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
3 to 5 years
Lexia Learning, A Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world. Founded more than 30 years ago with private funding and grants obtained from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, our products are now used by more than two million students. Lexia’s ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed efficacy research and gold-standard outcome studies are at the center of our pedagogical approach. Lexia Reading Core5®, the company’s award-winning, flagship product, has set the standard for technology-based reading instruction by providing explicit, systematic, personalized learning on fundamental literacy skills for students of all abilities. With the launch of the RAPID Assessment, Lexia continues its promise to improve student literacy by leveraging technology to personalize learning and simplifying the use of data to drive instruction.