Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management
Job ID: HC20163008-19808
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management for our New York, NY office
The Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management supports the Advanced Placement (AP) Program Management team with a focus on large-scale product design, development, and implementation of new digital tools and services to meet the growing needs of the AP program and its diverse constituents. The AP program is expanding its current course and exam services to provide a support system of year-round digital tools and resources for students, teachers, and administrators.
The Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management will lead the design, development, testing, and implementation of key components of this AP support system, which will require enhancing existing tools and services as well as the iterative development and testing of brand new features and systems to more effectively meet the needs of the AP community through-out the school year. While the overall vision and design of this support system is in early stages and will continue to evolve, current tools including:
- AP Insight(https://apinsight.collegeboard.org/), an AP classroom toolkit with formative instruction and feedback, professional development and student engagement resources to help teachers and students build the critical knowledge and skills for success in AP, college and careers. AP Insight is currently used by teachers and students in 5 AP courses; resources and data collected from its classroom-testing and evaluation will inform the development of assessments and instruction across all AP courses.
- AP support platform, recently developed to include initial versions of an AP question bank, self-paced learning modules, and guided scoring practice for AP teachers, in addition to providing the assessments and reporting engine for AP Insight.
- Automated feedback tool, in early stages of prototyping and testing, to eventually provide students with feedback on their writing submissions and unlimited opportunities for revision.
The Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management will lead the design, development, testing, and implementation of the AP online assessment strategy including the product visioning, defining the user experience, ensuring efficacy and alignment with outcomes research, overseeing the product development effort, and executing the go-to-market strategy to achieve the AP goals of improving overall teacher effectiveness and student outcomes.
This strategic role will be responsible for developing product requirements that realize AP program and customer objectives and defining intuitive user experiences that encourage high usage and desired outcomes within agreed-upon program milestones and budgetary guidelines. This role will lead cross-functional teams, often including service units and vendors, for multiple components of the AP support system and be responsible for effective integration and collaboration with all related work-streams, tools and services to help the AP program create a holistic seamless system that will ultimately transform the AP classroom experience.
- Manages strategic planning, competitive analysis, product discovery, iterative design and development, and execution of implementation and operations to meet AP goals and customer needs. Sets success criteria, development and testing plans. Evaluates and prioritizes improvements; recommends multi-year growth targets and strategies.
- Solicits program and business needs from AP and CB stakeholders. Creates and refines requirements to achieve program goals, objectives and timelines. Prioritizes with feedback from stakeholders.
- Solicits user intelligence and extensive research base already collected by AP and CB to date. Synthesizes customer needs (internal, external stakeholders) and develops prioritized product roadmap and business architecture. Identifies gaps in customer knowledge and collaborates with AP Strategy and CB Data Science to collect additional data to guide product development.
- Works with ED, Digital Product Strategy to establish product roadmaps, user experience guidelines, requirements and testing plans for key components within the context of the overall AP digital experience. Benchmarks best practices to inform requirements, design and development of highly-effective, valuable and intuitive experiences that meet the unique and diverse needs of students, teachers, administrators and others.
- Manages iterative design, development and feedback collection from users using various techniques, including informing collection of initial preferences / requirements via focus group/survey/ interviews, rapid prototyping, co-design/discovery sessions, usability testing, as well as management of pilot implementations and fast revision of interfaces, features and functionality as a result of learnings.
- Leads collaboration with AP content, instruction and assessment teams to ensure product and content requirements will result in high-utility tools and services in addition to full alignment with AP courses, exams and instructional strategies.
- Leads collaboration with AP Delivery and CB operational and technical teams to ensure features and systems integrate into end-to-end operational system.
- Manages vendors as needed for the development of key component platforms and product production.
- Develop clear value proposition and materials to support product adoption and error-free implementation. Collaborate with AP outreach, communications and marketing to create compelling marketing materials and programs to support the product launch, implementation and field outreach.
- Oversees all aspects of the product development process, including in-depth budgeting and project planning with cross-functional teams, including service units and vendors to achieve the product launch goals within scope and budget.
Internal Contacts :
- AP and Instruction Program
- Division Management
- Global Policy and Advocacy
- IT and Operations
Manages vendors and consultants, develops effective working relationships with the AP Community to inform product development efforts, ensure needs of AP users are deeply understood and collect in-depth feedback during design, development and implementation phases.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters in relevant field preferred.
- 6+ years of progressively increased responsibility in product management in an education or education services organization required.
- Experience in program and service delivery for secondary schools or school systems and knowledge of secondary school and school system operations and environment required.
- Digital assessment experience strongly preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing large-scale, high utility products.
- Expertise soliciting feedback, writing and reviewing product requirements at all levels (from high-level vision / value proposition to more detailed user stories / functional requirements).
- Experienced with agile product development and scrum-based software development
- Knowledgeable and able to apply user experience and usability testing best practices
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team leader and a team member
- Strong problem resolution/negotiation skills
- Strong judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to staff at all levels of the organization, vendors, consultants, educators and other constituents
- Demonstrates curiosity, solicits varying viewpoints and incorporates into intuitive requirements that communicate purpose, user and business value and guide fast and efficient development
- Ability to apply an analytical, data-driven approach to decision-making
- Effective public presentation and advocacy skills
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
If you are interested in this position and you meet our qualifications, please apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers and submitting your resume and cover letter. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.
Requirements: Desired Travel 25% - 50% Areas of Expertise Product Development, Business Analysis, Product Management Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree Job Type Full Time Location New York, NY Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Bachelors degree required. Masters in relevant field preferred. 6+ years of progressively increased responsibility in product management. Experience in program and service delivery for secondary schools or school systems and knowledge of secondary sc
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5txssv55h8
6 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.