Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.
Turnitin is seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our K-12 Sales Team.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
The Account Executive is responsible for acquiring new school districts in an assigned geographic territory. Acting in a consultative capacity, the Account Executive is responsible for building relationships in larger school districts that result in sales of Turnitin products. The Account Executive works as part of a regional team, and reports to the Director of Field Sales.
- Drive new business growth through the acquisition of new large and strategic school districts
- Actively prospect, develop and close opportunities for Turnitin’s products and services
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in target districts
- Expand the number of students using Turnitin products within large and strategic accounts
- Develop and qualify leads, and build a robust reliable pipeline of opportunities
- Manage complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders.
- Stay current and informed on federal, state and local funding sources.
- Schedule and conduct meetings and presentations with district administrators and key decision-makers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and recognized success in negotiating and closing new business in the K12 market.
- Understanding of federal, state and district level K-12 writing initiatives and standards, including formative assessment in the K-12 market, preferred.
- Experience and success using a value-based, consultative sales approach.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex sales with an extended sales cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including Superintendent, CAO, CIO and Director level.
- Ability to travel efficiently in a designated territory, up to 50% of the time
- Strong knowledge and experience with a CRM such as Salesforce
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, business, or a related field required.
- 5-7 years field sales or similar experience selling to the K12 market.
Compensation: Competitive compensation package including base salary with uncapped commission, a comprehensive healthcare benefits package, matching 401(k), gym benefits, charitable contribution matching and more!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.