The Executive Marketing Manager reports to the VP of Marketing for Institutional. Working closely with stakeholders across the organization to develop and execute campaigns to meet and exceed revenue goals for the Institutional channel. This role is responsible for conceptualizing and measuring targeted go-to-market and go-to-sales strategies for priority products and services in the Institutional channel. To support these objectives, the Executive Marketing Manager will identify and deploy direct marketing strategies including thought leadership campaigns and lead generation tactics, leverage social media channels, develop high impact events, maximize company presence at appropriate conference and trade shows, help to create high quality marketing materials, along with additional demand generation activities to drive leads and support other team goals. The Executive Marketing Manager is responsible for seeding, promoting, and helping to close sales of products and services within their respective portfolio and raising Cengage Learning brand awareness. The Executive Marketing Manager will partner with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure strong development and positioning of their portfolios. This role will train and position their assigned portfolios through close communication with sales partners and customer facing presentations.
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing campaign geared toward increasing leads and positioning Cengage Learning as a leader and increasing overall brand awareness in the channel.
- Work with stakeholders (Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Development and Technology) to create compelling messages for products and services that engage our sales team and targeted customer segments and lead conversion to sales.
- Work closely with the Market Research team to identify research needs and synthesize findings to develop customer personas and insights. Socialize insights throughout the organization and use information to develop business and marketing strategies and influence product development.
- Create and deliver content for lead nurturing campaigns and sales-facing tools and resources, working with Marketing Communications Manager.
- Provide marketing support for strategic partnerships, business model strategies, and other key initiatives for the channel.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management and Technology as an integral part of the product development team for the Institutional channel, attending all key strategy
- meetings to influence the direction of the portfolios during development and ensure market advantages and differentiation.
- Understand current marketing tools and tactics to execute integrated campaigns.
- In close collaboration with the Institutional sales and events services teams, develop and execute customer events that have high impact in terms of enrollments and cost, advance Cengage thought leadership and lead to sales conversion. Travel to and lead conferences and events as necessary.
- Work with the web team to ensure that products/services are accurately reflected on our Web site and that all required lead acquisition components are fully in place.
- Work directly with Career sales partners to track sales progress, proactively drive sales activities at the appropriate time during the sales cycle, and assist in closing high-value business.
- Direct Marketing Coordinators to craft, test, and refine effective sales tools and sales collateral.
- Build relationships with key market influencers, i.e., early adopter distributor and end user customers, and thought leaders.
- Conduct customer and learning consultant- facing presentations on a regular basis in both live and virtual environments.
- 5 years of marketing experience or equivalent work experience in higher education enterprise sales and services.
- BA or BS college degree
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting data and research, making that data and research consumable for a wide variety of audiences, and leveraging it to impact customer perception and decision-making.
- Proven record of outstanding storytelling, data-driven campaign creation, analysis, and execution.
- Strong understanding of the digital market space and trends.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, analytical and prioritization skills blended with strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills with a proven ability to inform, motivate, and inspire internal and external audiences.
- Interpersonal savvy, with strong negotiation and influence skills to work well within teams from within corporate and entrepreneurial environments that include multiple stakeholders up and down the organization, in multiple locations across the country.
- Drive for results in a fast-paced environment. “Can-do”, positive attitude and persistence.
- Creative, with ability to develop or champion new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods processes, products and services.
- Travel required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Saas Marketing, sales experience
- Services Marketing and sales experience
- Understanding of the For-Profit Higher Education market
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.