With a belief that through play, children can learn and cultivate critical thinking skills, the VP/GM of Education will establish Wonder Workshop as a dominant offering in K-12 classrooms around the world. Reporting to the CEO, this role is a key member of, and influencer across, the executive staff, and will be the outward facing lead relationship with educators and education resellers and partners globally.
- Define Go To Market strategy and tactics to significantly increase market share in K-12 and to meet demand generation and revenue goals
- Drive definition of product, software, and curriculum solutions to ensure K-12 customer traction and repurchase decision
- Determine levers for ensuring educator, administrator, student, and parent satisfaction with WW products and services and define tactics that will drive growth in initial purchase decision, reorder, and recurring revenues
- Develop metrics and processes for ensuring that WW solutions are sought and demanded to drive K-12 learning
- Attract, build and motivate a market specific sales team to ensure deep K-12 entrenchment and attainment of aggressive market share goals
- Lead the Sales, Curriculum Developer, Product and Programs teams to ensure complete solution offerings meet needs of market.
As part of the above strategy, WW has a goal of having 25,000 schools in 2016 with a Wonder League Robotics Club, and over 10,000 teams participating in our worldwide Robotics Competition. The VP role will drive the business development activities and programs that will ensure WW meets or beats those goals.
- Working with the WW CMO, develop marketing programs, advertising, retargeting and other key initiatives to drive WW brand recognition and K-12 choice
- Work collaboratively across other functions to represent and execute to K-12 priorities that will ensure significant growth in segment share
- Lead negotiations with educators, resellers, and other partners and take the lead contract development
- Develop a process to forecast, and improve, demand projections in partnership with channel partners and ensure volumes are planned and delivery expectations are met; develop strategies to drive counter seasonal volumes to help balance company production requirements
- Working with the executive team, develop pricing models that meet both market and WW margin expectations, and encourage long term repeatable business Define programs to meet Back to School and other critical educator timelines
- Obtain qualitative feedback on product use, needs, and opportunities and act as voice of the K-12 customer in feedback process into the product roadmap
- Define international expansion targets and priorities that will enable the sales growth agenda
- Build a right sized sales and execution team that is focused on delivering
Key Leadership Characteristics:
- Passionate about creating learning opportunities for children through the use of technology
- Ability to not only define and understand the strategy for success, but the chops to execute as well.
- Be able to drive and lead while also rolling up your sleeves and doing what it takes to get the job done
- Can-do, positive attitude, manically focused in order to ensure the highest priority and highest return solutions are implemented
The ideal candidate will
- have a successful track record of driving significant increase in market share, and deep product adoption in K-12 with one or more consumer technology products, and with resounding customer feedback
- Have a well established network of, and be agile at networking with, educators, education resellers, and school /county administrators , working within the defined systems to seamlessly expand the reach of WW solutions
- be able to effectively define sales tactics that will enhance the purchase decision, enable ease in acquisition, and be scalable
- Know how to drive sales quotas and teams to deliver double digit growth rates
- Have scaled an organization from small $Ms to $100M+ and developed the necessary infrastructure to enable growth while remaining agile and flexible, and cost conscious
- Have 15 – 20 years related experience, with specific expertise in Education markets
- Have worked in both established and entrepreneurial environments and be capable of scaling in periods of high growth
- Have experience managing P&L; profitably driving and negotiating organic and incremental growth
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; an advanced degree or JD / legal background is a plus
11 or more years
Kids learn by doing, which is the essence of play. We’ve got big ideas to support an evolution of education. Children will use our products to make memories and have fun - all while developing their problem solving skills, creative capacity, and sense of curiosity about how the world works.
Why work with us?
- We enjoy immense satisfaction in our work by bringing education to little ones in a fun way
- We’ve got vision - our friendly robots, Dash and Dot, are the first in a series of many interactive robot friends geared toward learning- our product roadmap is expanding with new features, software, and curriculum solutions, and our target age group will grow to attract and retain lifelong learners
- We are a series B funded startup on a strong growth trajectory, a proven track record of success, and solid financial backing. We are backed by a strong portfolio of venture investors including WI Harper, Charles River Ventures and Madrona.
- We are pedantic about delivering a world-class customer experience!