We’re looking for a versatile, experienced product leader to drive product vision and execution for the Chalk Schools platform. As the first product manager on the team, you will not only manage and ensure the shipment of all critical features but help drive the strategic direction of the product and build a world-class product team.
You will work closely with the engineering and design teams to deliver experiences that not only help our customers operate their districts effectively, but enable them to run the best school systems in the world.
We need someone who will:
- Relentlessly and systematically prioritize, refine and validate our product roadmap to ensure we deliver business and customer value and address the most pressing customer needs and drive company revenue
- Build processes to systematically collect and organize both qualitative and quantitative user data including: user interviews, usage data, NPS information, support and feature requests
- Drive product innovation by deeply understanding the ecosystem in which our district administrators, principals and teachers work and enabling them to accomplish things they cannot yet imagine
- Translate complex and even conflicting priorities of our customers into powerful but easy to use features that help them accomplish their tasks and reach their goals
- Ensure both immediate and long term product goals are met by monitoring and managing our progress and holding all parties accountable to their responsibilities
What you’ll bring:
- Multiple years experience building software products from concept to launch
- Outstanding communication skills: you can speak at a technical level and also be a true customer advocate
- Experience with a fast-paced, iterative development process: able to test your hypotheses and adjust direction as needed
- Ability to think strategically and translate that vision into a clear and actionable plans
- Data driven and analytical mindset: capable of analyzing a wide range of information to zero in on delivering the most value to our customers and identify when their needs are not being met
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Passion for building products for customers traditionally underserved by technology
- Early stage startup experience is a strong bonus
- Experience with SaaS enterprise product is a strong bonus
Are you the right person to drive Chalk Schools’ product vision and execution?
Email your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chalk Schools is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
3 or more years
At Chalk Schools, we are committed to freeing school administrators to run their districts at their best. By bringing their mission critical processes online, districts across the country are moving away from the inefficiency and unreliability of paper with our platform.
Our diverse team comes from a variety of backgrounds — in our past lives, we were school administrators, financial systems architects, nonprofit leaders, startup founders, building architects, and NFL players — but we all share a deep passion for K-12 education and bringing technology to traditionally underserved communities
Our innovative forms and workflow platform transforms the school back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators and leaders across the country. We help schools hire the best teachers faster, manage bus routes for students with special needs, handle hundreds of chair requests during graduation season and ensure that permission slips return without requiring teachers to track down every last sheet of paper.