Advising is at the core of what we do-- your team is the primary team responsible for our students’ success. All of our students are working adults with the determination to advance their education and chart paths towards meaningful careers.
As the Student Services Manager, you will be a key member of the Student Services team, supporting our Student Success Advisors. As a Student Services Manager, you will both a player and a coach on the team - supporting our advisors while leading in the work. You will help establish the culture, processes and structure of this critical team. As an organization that values doing the hard work first, you will have your hands deep in the weeds, yet also live at the strategic level.
To do this, we are seeking energetic and passionate professionals who believe that coaching & advising has the ability to impact students’ lives, and have experience as coaches and managers themself. This is a team that will be rapidly growing, and we are looking for someone who has taken an organization or team to scale.
As a Guild Student Services Manager, you will:
- Support students - Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues and challenges. Monitor and facilitate student retention program through both direct support of students and through supervising advisors
- Manage a team of Student Success Advisors – includes establishing processes like daily check-ins and 1:1 meetings, creating & monitoring KPIs, in addition to hiring and onboarding responsibilities
- Manage our technology – make iterative improvements to our CRM and telephony systems, train the team on the technology and focus on iteratively improving it based on feedback and outcomes, work with our technology team to manage integrations
- Support our hiring efforts – design the strategy for recruitment and hiring, build the hiring pipeline, manage the interviewing process, onboard new hires
- Help build our team culture – a process and daily effort that includes establishing a refined team vision with the Head of Student Services, communicating that vision to your team through onboarding and consistent training, and building and sustaining teams to incubate and improve that culture
- Analyze student data – from our contact rate with students each week to our retention metrics, run reports and monitor key trends to improve how we serve students
- Edit & improve processes constantly – working constantly on our processes to monitor a variety of things including hiring, technology, student outreach strategy, data and reporting
We hope you have:
- A resounding belief that students are resilient, capable, and resourceful, paired with a desire to ignite this growth
- A demonstrated love of metrics and goal-setting
- Prior success leading a student services or customer support team
- A vision of what the culture of student success center should look like, and how you will build and cultivate that culture
- Experience solving complex problems and building processes from scratch
- Evidence of your ability to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Salesforce experience
- At least 2 years in a management role, leading a team
- 3-5 years in Student Services/Academic Advising position or related role
- We’re a mission-driven company with a proven business model & product vision that addresses a massive problem and market opportunity. It’s our goal to to support as many Guild members as possible and change the world along the way.
- We’ve recently closed a $8.5M series A, and we’re eager to bring new members to our team who can help us keep up with our growth
- The investors & advisors backing us are world class - we hope you’ll have an opportunity to learn from them alongside us
- Our co-founders have worked together for long time and are committed to building a community and company where we all love to work
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
3 or more years
The pathway to a stable career is changing in the U.S. & many young adults are struggling to navigate that path. We believe that everyone - not just the fortunate few - deserve a great start to their working lives.
Some context that motivates us:
- We see management roles as a pathway to the middle class. Of the approximately 6.5 million jobs added to the economy since the great recession, 1.2 million newly created jobs have been manager roles, earning $53,000 or greater. Forget coding - management is the fastest growing job in the U.S.
- For today’s entry-level worker, the 30+ million working adults without a BA, a management role is nearly always the next step on the ladder.
- For these working adults, finding the path back to college to get more training is expensive, overwhelming, and often entirely unrelated to their current work, the next step in their career, and their long term goals.
Guild is paving a new path - providing great job training and degree programs for working adults. We offer classes, programs and degrees, in partnership with top American universities. We help Guild members take the next step towards a meaningful career, with a community to support them along the way.