As the first dedicated designer on the team, this role requires strategic thinking and the ability to create beautiful, user-friendly interfaces. You will work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver experiences that not only enable our customers to operate their districts effectively, but that also bring joy to an otherwise mundane part of their day.
We need someone who will:
- Translate complex enterprise problems into simple, engaging product experiences that delight customers and help them accomplish their tasks and reach their goals
- Lead all interaction design development and research for a complex enterprise product in the K-12 education market
- Deeply understand our customers via regular user testing – you’ll have intimate knowledge of their needs and know what they love and what they dread about managing processes at their districts
- Create a cohesive look and feel for all components of our core product
- Help our team prioritize features to ensure we address the most pressing customer needs
What you’ll bring:
- Strong interaction design background: expertise in user flows, interaction models, information architecture, and visual design
- Be able to start, organize, and manage a cross-functional project from concept to launch
- Outstanding communication skills: you are a true user advocate who can articulate design decisions with product and engineering teams
- Excellent usability intuition with a deep appreciation for data and user research
- Humility and self awareness: know when to advocate for and when to let go of your design instincts
- Experience with a fast-paced, iterative development process: obtain and incorporate feedback, move quickly, and test your hypotheses
- Strong portfolio showcasing products you've designed across web/mobile/enterprise
- Experience at early stage startups is strong bonus
- Experience designing both consumer and enterprise products is a strong bonus
Are you the right person to lead the design and Chalk Schools’ marketing operations?
Email your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chalk Schools is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
3 or more years
At Chalk Schools, we are committed to freeing school administrators to run their districts at their best. By bringing their mission critical processes online, districts across the country are moving away from the inefficiency and unreliability of paper with our platform.
Our diverse team comes from a variety of backgrounds — in our past lives, we were school administrators, financial systems architects, nonprofit leaders, startup founders, building architects, and NFL players — but we all share a deep passion for K-12 education and bringing technology to traditionally underserved communities
Our innovative forms and workflow platform transforms the school back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators and leaders across the country. We help schools hire the best teachers faster, manage bus routes for students with special needs, handle hundreds of chair requests during graduation season and ensure that permission slips return without requiring teachers to track down every last sheet of paper.