Cengage Learning - Boston, MA - Full time
The Product Assistant you will provide direct, day-to-day support to our product teams within a specific market space. You'll also provide a wide variety of assistance to multiple Product Managers as a means to optimize the performance of our product management and developments effort and, thereby, help achieve our business goals.
- Provide general administrative support that include handling correspondence, coordinating meetings, travel planning, processing invoices/purchase orders and payments to authors/reviewers/etc., maintaining database records, etc.
- Assist the team in coordinating market research efforts such as reviews, focus groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with Product Managers to develop some “B” and “C” level titles and deliver them to the Production Editor in a form ready for publication.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of author contracts, portfolio plans, product proposals, manuscript, and other documents pertaining to product management functions, assuring accuracy and working efficiently for each deliverable.
- Execute market research as needed, summarizing competitive products as necessary for several product lines.
- Order sample product using Magellan.
- Maintain filing and records management systems and other office procedures pertaining market research, product information, manuscript file, author/reviewer prospect file, and customer feedback.
- Utilize CRM to verify instructor information, product information, request materials, and to find users of products.
- Support the Director Assistant on creation of ISBN’s as needed.
- Prepare all documents needed and distribute to participants for meetings across the assigned product teams including PSR’s, plan checks, production launches, digital roadmapping, etc.
- Bachelor Degree
- Tech savvy with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PPT, as well as databases.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling, and organization skills are necessary.
- Strong orientation to detail work and follow-through.
- Able to work in an agile environment by being proactive, flexible, effective, efficient in fast-paced environment where good communication, time management, and organizational skills are highly valued within our teams.
- Administrative experience preferred.
1 to 2 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.