Our Implementation Managers work to successfully onboard new clients in setting up and configuring a student information system (SIS). This is accomplished by developing project plans, development of training materials, leading trainings, managing client relations, providing excellent service and support via phone and email, and working collaboratively with other team members across the company.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Illuminate customers and seamlessly manage implementation at district level from post-sale to inception.
- Lead customers through Illuminate set up and customization.
- Act as a product specialist, with an expert-level understanding of the functional and technical features of our continually evolving and improving software platforms.
- Work with sales team to set customer expectations and hand-off schedule.
- Manage implementation processes, projects and transition of client accounts to team members of varied technical skills and abilities.
- Provide the organization with business, process and technical analysis in support of client needs. Work closely with internal teams as well as external clients.
- Facilitate internal and external client meetings.
- Create, distribute and manage project schedules and timelines.
- Document plan requirements, ensure accurate implementation of plan, and complete implementation checklists.
- Drive team efforts and results to meet deliverables and timeline expectations.
- Identify, track and analyze potential issues that may impact implementation.
- Formulate resolution plan for all escalated issues.
- Develop and implement powerful education instructional and classroom management skills.
- Successfully coach end users on Illuminate’s products.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 5+ years as a K-12 public/charter classroom teacher, administrator, counselor, TOSA, or school level leader
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, throughout California and possibly other states in the U.S.
- Must be locally based in the Northern California area
- Knowledge about current educational climate, research and specific requirements in California
- Experience with Illuminate’s SIS preferred, not required
- Understanding of how schools operate on a day-to-day basis
- Experience with data entry and reporting in the following areas: enrollment, scheduling, attendance, grades, CALPADS
- Prior experience in an account management role or other customer-facing experience within the software industry
- Prior experience with project management
- Prior experience with customer support
- Understanding of adult learning theory
- Other technical skills that make you a standout – wiz with data, ability to use HTML, video editing, etc.
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills and ease in front of groups of people at all levels/functions
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities, and work in a fast-paced, high growth, ever changing environment
- Ability to identify key client obstacles and develop action plans around them
- Assertively yet diplomatically move projects forward with creative problem-solving and finding a way when there doesn’t seem to be one
- Ability to elicit cooperation from all levels of a school district including district senior level leadership, site level leaders, teachers, and office staff
- Ability to defuse tension among district level project team implementing the software, should it arise
- Strong technical skills in using various web-browsers, MS Word and Excel
- Amazing people skills
- Must be a quick, self-directed learner
- Must be positive, committed, team-oriented, and have a great sense of humor
- Proven ability to thrive in a team-based, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously, as well as take direction as needed
3 or more years
Illuminate Education is a rapidly growing EdTech, SaaS provider founded by educators, for educators. We offer next-gen web-based software tools for the K12 market. Our streamlined suite of products is a one-stop solution for comprehensive data management and analysis, enabling users at every level of the educational system efficient access to the information essential to their success.
We don’t have bosses, managers, supervisors, or executives; we’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between.