Product Manager, Digital Products
UnboundEd - Remote - Full time
We are seeking a product specialist/manager to join the digital product team. You will become an expert in the features, roadmap, and health/quality of UnboundEd digital products (including unbounded.org and standardsinstitutes.org).
Your role will be to take responsibility for a set of products and features. This involves assembling the vision for the project from stakeholders, developing product clarity, and seeing the product through to implementation and release. While you will have access to UX, development and other specialist expertise, we want you to take central responsibility for making sure the product that is built fits the needs and requirements of the organization and its users.
A person in this role will be able to ensure excellent experiences for users across products by harnessing internal stakeholder expertise, user research, and feedback collected from supporting users. She or he will use data and tools available -- quantitative and qualitative -- to highlight the educator experience at every stage of development, helping to shape product priorities and improve the product.
This full-time, virtual position reports to the Director of Product Development and is available immediately. Candidates are expected to be available 9 AM - 6 PM Eastern time, but can be based anywhere in the United States or abroad (given authorization to work in the United States). Occasional travel is required.
- Develop expert-level familiarity with UnboundEd digital products, roadmap, and user issues
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to highlight important themes in the user experience
- Work closely with product team colleagues and vendors to shape, support, and execute product goals
- Set and work towards quarterly targets relating to user satisfaction
- Have a strong sense of product design and the customer experience
- Project-manage product and feature launches in collaboration with the product manager
- Advise on operational strategies for upcoming launches
- Communicate the impact of product changes to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience working on projects, programs, or products with product managers, engineers, and customers.
- Experience with online tools for collaboration, including Google Apps, Slack, Basecamp, and Teamwork.
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills are required, along with strong written and oral communication skills.
- A desire to work for a dynamic, mission-driven organization is a must.
- Flexibility to work independently and also within teams is critical.
- Well organized, self-starting, and have experience in moving work forward in an orderly manner.
- Comfortable seeking help and providing it to others.
- Strong communication skills - we require friendly, consistent, and clear communication from everyone on our team.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong product sense, as well as a passion for product quality and positive user experiences.
- Understanding of the basic technologies of building mobile-first websites.
- Strong preference for prior experience in education
- Technology product development/user experience
Benefits and Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please apply with your resume and cover letter via our online portal here: https://unbounded.workable.com/j/8812DFA87D
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: November 4, 2016, however, resumes and cover letters will be accepted after that date until the position is filled.
UnboundEd’s Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
UnboundEd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort, particularly individuals who have lived or worked in underserved urban communities.
1 to 5 years
We at UnboundEd are dedicated to learning and growth for educators. We empower educators to make strong instructional decisions by providing comprehensive, immersive training and support, as well as, free, standards-aligned curricula in ELA and math and pd-ready resources that can be used in classrooms, schools, and districts.
We see the achievement gap closing as students at all levels and of all backgrounds gain the support they need to realize their full potential and meet the challenge of higher standards.
Who we are:
We are a team of former classroom teachers, curriculum writers, school leaders, and program managers who have worked in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. We strive to provide the highest quality resources and supports to educators, regularly seeking feedback and evaluating the impact of our work to provide better products and services.