As a member of the Digital Production team of the Global Production department, the primary objective for this position is to manage the development and production of digital products to ensure they are on-time and on-budget, while also being built to specification and quality standards.
Primary responsibilities include creating and managing detailed project plans from product launch through product release for a portfolio of disciplines; day-to-day supervision of a team of Media Producers; securing and appropriating resources in collaboration with appropriate functional managers; providing training and support for content preparation and product development teams in collaboration with appropriate managers; ensuring projects are completed on-time and budget, according to specifications and quality standards, and with proper documentation.
- Responsible for leading and program managing the overall development of technology products from conception through release within assigned disciplines or product area. Ensures simultaneous publishing to ensure the digital products are completed by deadlines and are aligned with the production of the print products.
- Accountable for ensuring that project schedules and budgets are met for all products within assigned area or discipline. Responsible for ensuring that Media Producers’ projects are tracking to schedule and budget.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project status, project schedules, justifications for variances, and technical information (architecture, design, specifications, and implementation objectives). Serves as a focal point for project status or other project information.
- Writes requests for proposals, statements of work, and contracts - reviews and accepts as appropriate.
- Manages requests for marketing support, e.g. requests for screen shots, interactive pieces, etc.
- Manages specifications for technology products and packaging.
- Ensures that schedules are documented and visible.
- Ensures that product implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance.
- Determines conversion guidelines and conveys to other teams when appropriate.
- Ensures that QA test plans meet project requirements.
- Acts as team lead for discipline or product area. Assigns projects to Media Producers; works with stakeholders to understand the product strategy for their discipline or product area. Ensures projects are completed according to specifications and are properly documented.
- Manages in-house staff and/or works with freelancers that develop and execute projects. Manages partner and vendor relationships and other outside resources necessary for the development of products.
- Ensures that Media Producers successfully interact with key stakeholders to understand specifications, content and delivery expectations. Responsible for ensuring that best practices are executed for every project, including following a consistent project lifecycle, status reporting, and adhering to team norms.
- Provides day-to-day supervision, sets goals, and coaches team members.
- BA or BS plus 3 years’ experience project managing technology products OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus 5 years’ experience project managing technology products in a publishing or educational technology environment.
- 2+ years’ experience coding with HTML, CSS, and XML
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Excellent project and team management skills with proven experience managing media technology projects.
- Effective time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, budget management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Mastery of the Technology Project Lifecycle
- Previous experience in a publishing or educational technology environment. Knowledge of business drivers and/or publishing processes.
- Experience with JIRA, SharePoint, and MS Project
- PMP or CAPM certification
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.