Under the direction of the Regional Program Director, the Program Consultant will lead consultative services with district-level leadership in client districts that have engaged any of NTC’s three product lines (TI, IC, SL), in order to ensure successful program launch and sustained high-quality program implementation. This position is responsible for the delivery of face-to-face and/or online professional development for mentors, coaches, principals, and/or client stakeholders; concurrently they will strengthen and refine the presentation skills of co-presenters (from both local/client organizations and NTC staff). The Program Consultant will coach and support the continuous development of Associate Program Consultants. Program Consultants will also contribute to the design, development and refinement of NTC’s products and services.
This position will travel in the Midwest, East and South regions of the US, therefore, we are accepting applications from those who reside in any of those areas.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Coach, counsel, advocate for and make recommendations to client organization’s leadership at all levels to deepen commitment to and catalyze decision-making for NTC program success aligned to program standards
- Build trusting relationships and a culture of collaborative partnership with clients through ongoing communication
- Contextualize programmatic requirements/conditions for success within district- and state-level priorities; ensure that partner’s organizational and program leadership understand how NTC programs align with their local “big picture” strategy for success in teaching and learning
- Conduct appreciative inquiry: In order to deeply understand client context, investigate to collect multiple sources of data regarding the client district, both qualitative (i.e. via multiple stakeholder conversations) and quantitative (i.e. teacher evaluation regulations, union contract conditions, district budget allocations, etc.)
- Understand district conditions/dynamics/priorities in order to be proactive in identifying potential assets to NTC program implementation, as well as anticipating potential obstacles to program success
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders in client/partner organizations, potentially including staff in departments outside the program lead’s direct purview; seek partnerships within the organization to strengthen program implementation and quality
Professional Learning Responsibilities:
- Engage actively in collaborative NTC meetings, work sessions, and internal initiatives: could include developing/co-developing or leading/co-leading sessions and projects to support the professional learning of colleagues
- Remain current with professional readings and research, especially in regards to rigorous learning standards, adult learning theory, and the U.S. K-12 education policy landscape
- Share video of practice
- Engage in formal formative assessment practices
3 or more years
Are you passionate about education? Do you want all students to have access to a quality education regardless of their zip code? We hope you join us in furthering our mission of improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders. New Teacher Center is a nationally recognized leader in designing and delivering high quality induction programs for new teachers, supporting principals and administrators, and promoting policies and practices that provide teachers with positive school conditions. We believe in the power of collaboration and building deep and sustainable relationships to maximize creativity, learning, productivity, and sustainability.