K-12 Account Executive, Field Sales (opening in the Midwest - Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, etc.)
K-12 Account Executive, Field Sales (opening in Texas - Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston)
The Account Executive will build relationships with K-12 leaders to expand OverDrive services into new schools and districts of the assigned territory, supporting curriculum, Professional Development, and school library digital content needs.
- Prospect and sell OverDrive services to leaders at K-12 School Districts within the assigned geographical territory.
- Maintain a high level of cold calling, relationship selling, and lead follow-up with accounts in assigned territory.
- Create and execute a territory plan using field-based and in-home office activities to drive pipeline.
- Sell new OverDrive services to these defined districts.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a quarterly and annual basis, with support of the Director of Education Sales and other departments.
- Create and execute territory plans that develop and maintain an understanding of assigned territory, customers, prospects, and partners.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction with accounts in assigned territory.
- Keep accurate forecasting utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce) sales tool.
- Attend tradeshows and industry events as well as key sales meetings.
- Minimum of 3-7+ years of field sales experience with proven results in a quota-oriented environment in the K12/Education market.
- Extensive experience using technology (Smart Phone, iPad, etc.).
- Experience prospecting and developing high-level K-12 relationships
- Eagerness to acquire and maintain knowledge of OverDrive’s products, services, and strategies.
- Excellent presentation skills both in person and via web and phone.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic and quick learner.
- Positive, professional, customer-focused demeanor.
- Proficient in Web tools, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- If you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us why you think you are perfect for our team.
3 or more years
OverDrive, a leading provider of digital content to school and districts, is looking to expand our K-12 sales team to build on our many successes (and groupies). As school systems look to add more digital content to support all those devices, OverDrive is primed to lead this growth with further field sales presence.
OverDrive connects the world's leading publishers with schools and libraries. We are a 30 year old, growing content and technology company whose employees are driven for results and enjoy celebrating success. We help our partners seamlessly deliver premium eBooks, audiobooks, video, and other digital content to students and educators, ensuring strong usage on any device.
See for yourself why OverDrive is such a great place to work and build a career – (short video) - http://company.overdrive.com/company/careers/