Learning experience designer (instructional designer)
African Leadership University - Mauritius - Full time
ABOUT THE LEDs
ALU creates powerful ‘learning experiences’, that distribute the locus of learning from the teacher (where it has traditionally been) across a multimodal experience. This experience empowers the learner to drive their own learning, leverage peers, tap into online resources, enable immediate application of skills and knowledge, and use project-based and other innovative forms of assessment. Learning Experience Designers (LEDs) will use their creativity to curate powerful learning experiences by working collaboratively with subject matter experts in different content areas. LEDs are versatile, able to rapidly develop entire modules for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, as well as short courses (ranging from a few days to a few weeks). These modules will need to impart highly technical knowledge and leadership skills to professionals in different industries.
- Conduct design sessions (with ALU departments and subject matter experts) to map out key learning outcomes and desired competencies to be developed by programmes and courses
- Map out modules, content, assessments and success metrics for various degree programmes and industry short courses.
- Develop curriculum and course content in consultation with Subject Matter Experts and manage project timelines for delivering world-class, well-designed learning experiences.
- Work with project managers, instructional designers, and quality analysts to continually improve the design process - optimising for quality and turnaround time.
- Manage resource allocation, budgets, requirement scoping and project status reporting.
- Curate high-quality course content and detailed session plans for self-paced online learning, facilitated in-person learning, and simulation-based experiential learning.
- Create and update instructor guides and student guides in addition to internal guides for fellow employees.
- Continually monitor quality levels for programme delivery using data such as:
- Course evaluations that measure learning and enjoyment by participants
- “Before” and “after” skills assessment by employers/managers
Experience & Expertise in at least 2 of the following:
- Instructional design
- Product design
- Facilitating groups to achieve collective learning outcomes
- Project management
- Experiential learning
- Online learning/technology based-learning
Any experience level
ALU is pioneering a fresh approach to university education in the 21st century; offering accredited undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a unique and imaginative way. By integrating students’ learning with the real world, empowering students to take ownership of their own learning, equipping students to think entrepreneurially, and employing the most engaging and inspiring teaching methods, ALU will develop 3 million leaders and entrepreneurs who will transform the African continent by 2060.
ALU is at the beginning of a rapid growth spurt, expanding its student numbers, course offerings, and campus locations. ALU is also developing new programmes to meet demands from organisations for customised leadership and industry-specific training.