As part of a high performance team, the Associate Content Developer manages in-house and out-of-house development of both print and digital Social Sciences products to clarify, strengthen, and enhance their quality and effectiveness.
- Works with authors and subject matter experts to develop innovative and effective pedagogical features and content based on market research and feedback; recommends changes in organization of instructional content to enhance clarity and focus; and delivers content that is high-quality, correct, clear, complete, current, legal, and consistent.
- Assists Product Manager, authors, and subject matter experts in identifying teaching problems in target courses and in developing viable and attractive product premises.
- Evaluates quality and effectiveness of current products, including benchmarking against key competitors. Works with Product Managers to develop revision strategies.
- Assists the Product Manager in identifying and evaluating author and subject matter experts; hires and manages content subject matter experts and other freelance professionals as dictated by project needs.
- Coordinates authors' and subject matter experts’ responsibilities for preparation of both print and digital content; develops detailed content submission schedules and acceptance criteria for primary print and digital products and ancillaries.
- Ensures that content development follows accepted processes and standards. Provides guidelines, requirements, and training to authors and subject matter experts as needed. Reviews invoices and verifies that work has been completed in accordance with bid/contract.
- Works with team to conceptualize and develop plans for media products, including business requirements, schedules, and budgets; develops and manages key media products to meet objectives for customer acceptance, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Responds to customer feedback and inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years print and digital content development and/or project management experience, or equivalent
- Tech savvy with a basic understanding of media technology
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, PDF markup)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective networking and negotiating skills
- Ability to work within budgets and schedules
- Ability to gather and synthesize customer and market feedback
- Flexible to accept cross-functional responsibilities as assigned
- Understanding of US academic market dynamics
- Experience with instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design
- Experience working with software teams and learning processes such as Agile
1 to 2 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.