Specialist in Educational Technology for Kindergarten - 5th Grade (Part-Time)
Green Ivy Schools - New York, NY - Part time
Pine Street School is a forward-thinking elementary school learning environment that embraces all aspects of technology and advocates for children ages 5+ to learn coding, robotics, engineering, and to become increasingly familiar with tools and concepts related to virtual reality, artificial intelligence and the ways in which technological innovations can support enhanced learning and problem solving.
We are looking for a unique individual that possesses experience and passion in the area of educational technology specifically for our target age group. This means that you must be knowledgeable about the very latest tools that support technological exploration for children under 10, and especially for children under 7.
We will look to you to lead and teach our teachers, our students and our families in the use and application of technology for learning at school and beyond. This is a position for someone who is expert in age appropriate technology and understands how children at the early elementary level learn best.
We will ask you to support our students and teachers as they collaborate daily in the classroom, and we will ask you to participate in weekly curriculum planning with our elementary school teaching team.
You will play a critical role as a spokesperson for our forward-thinking approach to technology during open houses and tours where we invite prospective families to consider our program.
We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate program, which means that learning is dynamic and led by the interests of our students. Work is project-based and rich in authenticity and real world application. Students build a path of inquiry under the mentorship of their teachers and through an intensely collaborative process that is rigorous and more sophisticated than in a typical school setting.
This pedagogical approach lends itself naturally to the use of technology for learning, for sharing and for problem-solving.
* Lead the Design Technology Lab helping teachers enhancing interdisciplinary problem solving with cutting-edge technology and multimedia equipment.
* Teach students and teachers starting with iPad integration to keyboarding, laptops and all of the skills they need to operate
* Work with teachers to integrate technology into our curriculum in a way that supports the overall goal of always making sure students have outstanding hands-on experiences that fuel innovative thinking
* Participate in teacher planning sessions across arts, sciences, language, physical education and more to obtain a complex curriculum in which students are fully engaged in creative, intellectual, technologically sophisticated activity that is of the moment and always tied to real world events and issues.
* Help teachers in the design of a program that organically links technology with subjects such as math, science, and language.
* Guide teachers and students in the use of these technology-based learning tools.
* Collaborate with teachers for assessing students’ educational needs and matching those needs with appropriate technologies.
* Identify, design and effectively incorporate plans and programs into the classroom and learning environment – Including teachers and students
* Support the Heads of School during Open Houses and Tours with parents, sharing the implementation of Technology
* Visit teacher's classrooms and provide feedback related to technology use
* Develop hardware and software standards, policies, and procedures related to Educational technology
* Attend department head meetings as needed or requested
* Delivering professional development for teaching staff
This is a part-time position of 21 hours per week approximately. The hours are flexible. This is a sample of what it would be like:Monday: 1pm-3pmTuesday: 9:30am-4:30pmWednesday: 1-pm-4:30pmThursday: 9:30am-4:30pmFriday: 1pm-3pm
* 5+ years of experience in Educational Technology Specialist role or similar.
* Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in related field
* Familiar with open source platforms
* Proficiency with Apple technology
* Knowledge of current technological trends and skills
* Experience leading educators in an instructional technology professional growth experience.
* Interest and proven skills in various characteristics of technology and computers.
* Knowledge in technology concepts and tools.
* Positive, resourceful and confident
* Diplomatic, collaborative and proactive
* Flexible and eager to work with others
* Creative problem poser and solver
* Amazing interpersonal skills, extroverted personality
Apply here: https://greenivyschools.gethired.com
You must complete 100% of the application form to be considered for the job. Incomplete applications won't be considered
3 to 5 years
WE BELIEVE IN:
* Experiential, Engaged Learning: A child’s natural excitement for learning is a precious opportunity.
* Collaboration that Fosters Human Connections: Human connections and shared experiences help students learn in a more meaningful way.
* A community led by inspired, passionate educators: A child’s educational success relies on their community; family, educators, and peers all have an impact.
* Global Engagement and Stewardship: We teach children to consider their impact on others.
* Exploration: Curiosity leads children to look for what lies beyond the predictable.
* Proven Models: Green Ivy embraces best practices and enhances them with unique delivery.
Pine Street School: As New York City’s only Spanish and Mandarin immersion Preschool-5th grade IB World School, students get to experience amazing things within our international 5,000-school strong world class network. The inherently STEAM-based dual language curriculum inspires critical thinking and creative discovery as students grow into life-long learners and resilient self-starters with a passion for doing big things. Enrolling 2 years through3rd grade for 2017/18.