- Work collaboratively with senior team members to design effective and engaging custom learning experiences based on empathy for the learner.
- Participate in educational strategy ideation, evaluation, project planning, and implementation.
- Develop learning objectives, map content, define activity types, and create assessment items.
- Conduct research and provide thought leadership.
- Create sequences of course pages that accomplish learning objectives and project goals, and build out page content using platform authoring tools.
- Contribute to the instructional design components of the overall project plan, including milestones, deliverables, team allocation, and budget spending.
- Assist with creating wireframes to demonstrate the functionality of the systems we build, as well as to convey the information architecture and user experience.
- Review and evaluate a design's effectiveness at improving learning outcomes prior to or following its release; This may range from informal review to rigorous evaluation through learner testing.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to address current needs and anticipate future objectives.
- Assist with mentoring junior team members, including graduate-level student interns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years experience in instructional design, ideally with online course creation
- Knowledge of ID best practices and current developments in education
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and how they can help achieve educational objectives
- Passion for learning and remaining on the cutting edge of current thinking in the field; ability to provide a perspective on these issues
3 to 10 years
We are a diverse, collaborative, and mission-driven organization of lifelong learners who are passionate about expanding access to education through technology and innovation. We've spent the last 15 years working with some of the world's best educational institutions. Now we're using our backgrounds in technology, learning design, and entrepreneurship to help make a difference in people's lives.