Director of Admissions and Enrollment
Guild Education - Denver, CO - Full time
The Director of Admissions & Enrollment will be the visionary of our admissions center. You will establish the culture, processes, and structure of this critical team. This is a job for someone who loves to write the first draft, not edit the final product. As an Admissions Director, you will be both a player and a coach on the admissions team - supporting our admissions advisors while leading in the work. Our Guild admissions advisors, that you will lead, are crucial to what we do. They guide our students through the process of exploring education options, helping to find the best learning opportunity to move their education forward. As an organization that values doing the hard work first, you will have your hands deep in the weeds, yet also live at the strategic level.
We know this role is critical to our work. We are seeking energetic, experienced professionals who have deep experience in the admissions and enrollment space within higher education. We are looking for individuals who believe in what we do, are excited about building something new, and thrive in fast-paced environments. This is a team that will be rapidly growing, and we are looking for someone who has taken an organization or team to scale.
As Director of Admissions and Enrollment, you will:
- Develop our admissions strategy - design our outreach, create our compensation structures, envision the team’s ethos and manages all
- Lead technology and product for the admissions & enrollment team - design our CRM with a custom development effort, determine the right telephony system, work with our technology team to manage integrations
- Setup & manage our technology – get our CRM and telephony system up and running, train the team on the technology and focus on iteratively improving it based on feedback and outcomes
- Lead our hiring efforts – design the strategy for recruitment and hiring, build the hiring pipeline, manage the interviewing process, onboard new hires
- Intentionally build our team culture – a process and daily effort that includes establishing a team vision, communicating that vision to your team through onboarding and consistent training, and building and sustaining teams to incubate and improve that culture.
- Build our admissions flow – from developing our outreach strategy to creating status codes in our CRM to track progress to building reports that monitor success
- Manage the growing team – includes setting the team’s vision, establishing processes like daily check-ins and 1:1 meetings, creating & monitoring KPIs, in addition to hiring and onboarding responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships with external partners – working with our university partners, building enrollment workflows with their teams, working through challenges that arise and building sustaining relationships with their admissions and enrollment teams
- Edit & improve processes constantly – working constantly on our processes to monitor a variety of things including hiring, technology, student outreach strategy, data and reporting.
We hope you have:
- Experience setting up an admissions or student success center in a previous role
- A vision of what the culture of student success center should look like, and how you will build and cultivate that culture
- Experience solving complex problems and building processes from scratch
- Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, where you have had to make decisions based on sometimes incomplete data
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with others quickly, both amongst your team and with external clients and internal technology team
- Strong computer, oral, and written communication skills
- Data to demonstrate how your data-driven approach brings about results
- 5-7 years of experiences as a senior level admissions manager or director
- 5-7 years of management experience
- We’re a mission-driven company with a proven business model & product vision that addresses a massive problem and market opportunity. It’s our goal to to support as many Guild members as possible and change the world along the way.
- We’ve recently closed a $8.5M series A, and we’re eager to bring new members to our team who can help us keep up with our growth
- The investors & advisors backing us are world class - we hope you’ll have an opportunity to learn from them alongside us
- Our co-founders have worked together for long time and are committed to building a community and company where we all love to work
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
6 or more years
The pathway to a stable career is changing in the U.S. & many young adults are struggling to navigate that path. We believe that everyone - not just the fortunate few - deserve a great start to their working lives.
Some context that motivates us:
- We see management roles as a pathway to the middle class. Of the approximately 6.5 million jobs added to the economy since the great recession, 1.2 million newly created jobs have been manager roles, earning $53,000 or greater. Forget coding - management is the fastest growing job in the U.S.
- For today’s entry-level worker, the 30+ million working adults without a BA, a management role is nearly always the next step on the ladder.
- For these working adults, finding the path back to college to get more training is expensive, overwhelming, and often entirely unrelated to their current work, the next step in their career, and their long term goals.
Guild is paving a new path - providing great job training and degree programs for working adults. We offer classes, programs and degrees, in partnership with top American universities. We help Guild members take the next step towards a meaningful career, with a community to support them along the way.