The Product Manager is responsible for the vision, key product message development, and management of assigned products, including the specific product requirements, features, and target markets along with an ongoing evaluation of products to be added, enhanced, refined, developed or eliminated. Thoroughly understand the industry and its moving pieces to properly align the assigned products in order to deliver a compelling and sustainable competitive advantage that further enhances the Roadtrip Nation brand. This role collaborates with the Marketing, Sales & Development, Product and the Production teams to ensure consistency across the company’s brand and product methodology.
- Develop product vision and roadmap for assigned product.
- Responsible for managing P&L and budget of assigned product line(s) to targeted levels.
- Conduct ongoing market research through direct customer contact and surveys, trade shows and journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors and industry trends, and vendor contact. Ensure this knowledge is being shared to enable our sales and PM teams to exude subject matter expertise.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products through interaction with the sales team, users, market funding sources/requirements, and market research.
- Develop, and present the business case for new products, including market sizing, positioning, product features, business requirements and forecasted P&L contributions
- Work closely with development to specify product requirements and prioritize resources to achieve the product roadmap, including release times and features.
- Collaborate with members of marketing, sales, and product management teams on appropriate product positioning, and product launch plans.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend business relationships with potential partner relationships for the product.
- Determine pricing strategies, business requirements, and revenue forecasts for new product releases and for modifications to existing products and services.
- Serve as a product expert assisting in the development of web content, marketing materials and sales collateral.
- 2- 3 years of experience as a Product Manager for a web based software product, business-to-business required, direct-to-consumer desired
- Experience with agile development processes and monthly or weekly product release cycles
- Experience bringing new products to market
- Natural ability to relate to customers
- User empathy
- User research and product design experience
- Proficient with current business software, including Google Docs, MS Office, and project management software.
- Preferred Education/Experience
- College degree in Marketing, Business or related area of study
- Experience managing a subscription based service
3 to 10 years
About Roadtrip Nation
70% of Americans are unhappy with their work, and Roadtrip Nation has charged itself with finding a solution. You could call us a career exploration organization, but we do things a little differently. We don’t just tell people what they should do; we help them find what they love to do—and we do it through travel and storytelling. (Hence those green RVs you see splashed on our website that maaaaybe made you think we sell recreational vehicles.)
From our TV show that reaches 70 million households annually, to our educational tools that’ve helped 8 million students learn more about themselves and the world, we create products that empower people to get more out of work than just a paycheck. On a typical day, you can find us mid-brainstorm scrawling (sometimes incoherent) ideas on white boards, or huddling around a Photoshop file oohing and ahhing. Of course, there's always time for fun. From hitting the beach at lunch to emailing each other important info in the form of memes, we know play isn’t just a distraction—it’s an imperative.
If you think you’d fit in well with us, we’d love to meet you!