- Join a close-knit and welcoming startup team.
- Launch a groundbreaking digital learning platform that will move the needle on graduation rates for English Language Learners.
- Exercise thought leadership that significantly impacts the company vision and the EdTech field.
- Travel to education and trade conferences and meet amazing teachers and EdTech executives!
- This position reports to the COO and is located in Rockville Town Square, MD.
- Marketing Strategy – Develop, implement, track and continuously update Speak Agent’s marketing strategy for reaching elementary educators. Use channel analytics to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Positioning – Guide our voice & message development and work to differentiate our solution.
- Customer Research – Gather and analyze customer feedback and serve as the expert on the buyers and end-customers, how they register/buy/use our platform, and their buying criteria to support sales.
- Events – Represent Speak Agent at language educator and EdTech trade events to generate buzz, brand awareness and qualified sales leads.
- Social Media – Develop a social media and PR strategy appropriate for a teacher audience and work with our Content Editor to execute an editorial calendar and ad hoc postings.
- Lead Generation – Implement other tactics, such as email & content marketing and direct mail, to generate qualified sales leads.
- Sales Enablement – Communicate the platform value proposition to the sales team/channels and develop tools and collateral that support the selling process.
- Purchasing and Pricing Research – Analyze registration and sales performance and solution value propositions and recommend adjustments to registration/purchase workflows and pricing.
- Thought Leadership – Found and oversee Speak Agent’s Teacher Advisory Board; develop content to communicate our vision, e.g., blog posts, case studies, and presentations; and deliver presentations at key events.
- You have substantial experience marketing education technology products or services to K-12 educators and administrators, i.e., You know how to create and execute a marketing plan appropriate for our institutional audience and for a “software as a service” offering.
- You have a passion for changing the education system and believe that a committed team can actually make a difference.
- You enjoy setting your own marching orders and diving right in.
- You are picky about the details of written communications. Friends constantly tell you to stop correcting them!
- You feel completely crushed when a marketing campaign flops, but then you get back on your feet the next day and adjust.
- Extra credit if you have committed to serious study of a second language, have experience in language or special education, or volunteer as a tutor or coach.
- This position will require participation in an average of two events per month. The majority will be local or regional. Expect three days of overnight travel most months.
- Stock options
- Flex schedule, flex holidays
- Telecommuting days
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account (tax-free cash!)
- SIMPLE IRA 100% match
- Close to Metro in Rockville Town Square
- Commuter benefits
Speak Agent, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should communicate this in response to this job posting. Shapes logo is a service mark of Speak Agent, Inc.
6 to 10 years
Are you looking to make a difference in K-12 education? How about putting your mark on the launch of a new digital learning platform this fall that will impact the lives of millions of students? Speak Agent is looking for a Marketing Manager that shares our vision of narrowing the achievement gap for English Language Learners, who drop out of school at rates up to six times that of the general student population. You will reach elementary teachers via campaigns and channels ranging from social media to professional and trade events, email marketing, direct mail, PR and partnerships. Speak Agent offers the flexibility and fun of your typical startup, but with better financial stability and less stress. If this combination appeals to you, please get in touch.