Director of Membership
FolioCollaborative - Remote - Full time
The PositionThe Director of Membership is responsible for the overall strategic vision for membership growth and retention for the FolioCollaborative. Working remotely as a full-time employee, the Director achieves sales goals as determined with the Executive Director. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, s/he will eventually build and lead a sales team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in cultivating their leadership skills. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Membership sources leads, manages the sales pipeline, and maintains strong relationships with current members.
ResponsibilitiesStrategic Vision and PlanningWorking with all members of the FolioCollaborative team, the Director of Membership will:
- Determine and achieve aggressive sales and annual membership targets;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for inquiry requests and prospective schools;
- Drive revenue by prospecting and building pipeline;
- Build strong personal relationships with current and potential members to meet sales and retention goals;
- Coordinate industry conference attendances and sponsorship;
- In partnership with the Director of Community and Outreach, design and lead FolioCollaborative’s digital marketing strategy as it relates to sales and retention goals.
Leadership and ManagementWorking with all members of the FolioCollaborative team, the Director of Membership will:
- Support processes for on-boarding for new member schools;
- Direct hiring processes for sales team members;
- Lead regular sales and pipeline audits.
Additional ResponsibilitiesAdditionally, the Director of Membership will:
- Lead online software demos;
- Attend the Annual Summer Institute and other promotional events;
- Create regular Salesforce reports for the Executive Director about sales and retention needs and plans;
- Meet weekly with FolioCollaborative team members;
- Manage members and create initial invoices in QuickBooks.
Skills and QualificationsA qualified candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree and experience in the areas of sales, member management, and customer support. S/he will be familiar with independent schools, as well as non-profit and/or technology organizations. S/he will possess the ability to connect and collaborate with a variety of people and constituencies within and outside the Folio community. Written and oral communication skills, a high level of comfort with technology and online applications, as well as organizational acumen are necessary. Previous experience with Salesforce (or other CRMs) and QuickBooks is preferred.To ApplyInterested individuals only should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please do not send your information directly to Folio employees.Submission Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2016Expected Start Date: January 2017The FolioCollaborative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status covered by federal, state, or local law.
6 to 10 years
About The FolioCollaborative
The FolioCollaborative is a non-profit, growing community of more than 125 schools around the world. We are focused on working together to build a flexible and effective faculty / staff professional growth framework. We are committed to leveraging the experiences of our member schools to advance the work for our entire user community. We believe that every employee deserves meaningful feedback and support every year. We believe that great teachers are the essential ingredient to a great school – more important than location, facilities, or endowment. Leveraging the power of technology together with a passion for teaching excellence, we provide a flexible platform that fully engages the school community in meaningful conversation and enables educators to discover and achieve their full potential.