Education Technology Reporter
EdSurge - Burlingame, CA - Full time
EdSurge is Looking for an Education Technology Reporter!
You’re the kind of person who wonders:
- How can technology dramatically improve teaching and learning for all teachers and students?
- What’s really working? What’s not? Where is this rapidly evolving industry headed?
- What do schools, companies and investors need to know?
In this job you will:
- Cover daily news and announcements.
- Research and produce original stories.
- Rock deadlines.
- Edit articles from staff writers.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of weekly newsletters, podcasts and other media.
- Develop new ways to grow our online audience.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 2+ years of professional writing experience for a media outlet.
- A passion for education and learning—and curiosity about the role technology is playing.
- Outstanding writing and editing chops.
- Ability to work independently under deadlines with minimal guidance.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with different social media platforms.
- Broad understanding of major education issues.
- Basic understanding of business and finance.
- Bonus: Familiarity with image editing and data visualization tools.
Location EdSurge has offices in Burlingame, CA and Oakland, CA. Both locations are public transit-friendly.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples to
1 or more years
EdSurge is a high growth, venture-backed news and information resource organization that’s at the heart of the rapidly growing education technology ecosystem. We care deeply about our mission to connect the users, buyers and builders of education technology to close the opportunity gap by getting the right tools into classrooms. Our team is high energy, tight-knit and loves great reads, silly puns and giphys. We sometimes do science experiments in the office because—well, why not?