Student Success Advisor
Guild Education - Denver, CO - Full time
Coaching is at the core of what we do-- you are the primary person responsible for our students’ success. All of our students are working adults with the determination to advance their education and chart paths towards meaningful careers.
As a Guild coach, you’ll be supporting students in our job training programs as well as in our Degree Completion programs in partnership with higher education institutions. And you get to be there from start to finish- celebrating their completion of higher education programs and a strengthened path towards strong, middle-class careers.
To do this, we are seeking energetic and passionate professionals who believe that coaching has the ability to impact students’ lives. Coaches are more than cheerleaders; you ask thoughtful questions, hold students accountable, and offer feedback and guidance. We are seeking coaches who can work in a fast-paced, startup environment, and are excited by the opportunity to transform the education-to- employment pipeline in the US.
As a Guild coach, you will:
- Work with a cohort of Guild students to build personal relationships, supporting them as they develop their academic and personal goals.
- Use Guild's technology, including phone, text, email, and social media to interact with your students.
- Create engaging curriculum for students on important life skills such as managing difficult conversations, time management, and goal-setting, and deliver that content 1:1 and in group settings virtually, through different mediums like video and blog posts.
- Assist students with navigating the demanding balance act of school and work
- Guide students through academic & programmatic logistics, including the application and enrollment process at our partner higher education institutions
We hope you have:
- A resounding belief that your students are resilient, capable, and resourceful, paired with a desire to ignite this growth
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with others quickly, both in person and through technology
- Evidence of your ability to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Comfort in managing your own time to meet student needs; a self-starter
- A love of metrics and goal-setting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience as a teacher, instructor, counselor, customer service representative and/or student support specialist
- Management experience in a prior role, with at least 1 direct report
- Experience working with students between the ages of 18-35 is preferred
- We’re a mission-driven company with a proven business model & product vision that addresses a massive problem and market opportunity. It’s our goal to to support as many Guild members as possible and change the world along the way.
- We’ve recently closed a $8.5M series A, and we’re eager to bring new members to our team who can help us keep up with our growth
- The investors & advisors backing us are world class - we hope you’ll have an opportunity to learn from them alongside us
- Our co-founders have worked together for long time and are committed to building a community and company where we all love to work
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
1 or more years
The pathway to a stable career is changing in the U.S. & many young adults are struggling to navigate that path. We believe that everyone - not just the fortunate few - deserve a great start to their working lives.
Some context that motivates us:
- We see management roles as a pathway to the middle class. Of the approximately 6.5 million jobs added to the economy since the great recession, 1.2 million newly created jobs have been manager roles, earning $53,000 or greater. Forget coding - management is the fastest growing job in the U.S.
- For today’s entry-level worker, the 30+ million working adults without a BA, a management role is nearly always the next step on the ladder.
- For these working adults, finding the path back to college to get more training is expensive, overwhelming, and often entirely unrelated to their current work, the next step in their career, and their long term goals.
Guild is paving a new path - providing great job training and degree programs for working adults. We offer classes, programs and degrees, in partnership with top American universities. We help Guild members take the next step towards a meaningful career, with a community to support them along the way.