The Digital Content Designer is the learning design expert on an assigned product team, with expertise in subject matter and understanding of platform capabilities. They will conceive content for digital solutions and map key customer needs and functionality into the learning path.
The ideal candidate will not only have a passion for education, but also a deep understanding of and passion for helping Education students achieve success. The candidate will have creative ideas on how to reach, engage and retain students in a meaningful way.
- Collaborate with product manager(s) to ideate, define, and implement overall digital product standards, guidelines, and digital content best practices for the discipline.
- Serves as discipline content SME, stakeholder, and primary point of contact during the cross-functional tactical execution of all digital product initiatives.
- Creates and maintains guidelines for digital content creation that align with specific product, discipline and company strategies. This includes collaborating with the product team in defining course outcomes, learning objectives, and tagging taxonomies for the discipline.
- Recruits and trains subject matter experts that will create, and/or review new digital content and applications.
- Collaborates with product manager(s) and technology stakeholders in crafting specific Learning Path Models.
- Working with the product team, establishes best practices and ensures that appropriate guidelines are applied in creating digital content, including specific learning path models.
- Actively reviews digital content to ensure that product and discipline standards have been applied in new or enhanced solutions.
- Works as a member of implementation team(s) to field, solve or facilitate solutions for digital content issues.
- Attends key academic conferences, is active in the discipline community, and engages with instructors, students and digital content experts to define and refine digital guidelines, priorities, and direction.
- Works closely on team research initiatives to ensure that market and digital content research needs are met. This includes benchmarking CL solutions against competitors’ offerings conducting focus groups, surveys, and more.
- Collaborates with product managers, content developers and technology stakeholders in creating new digital solutions, including developing and testing prototypes, creating product requirements and driving development plans.
- Provides supplemental support to sales and marketing teams (PM is primary) as needed for trainings, trouble shooting, top account visits, customer product demos, collaborating with digital support, etc.
- Facilitates communication through regular team status reports, team meetings, and other mechanisms necessary to ensure that all peers, participants, stakeholders and interested parties are receiving the appropriate type and level of communication.
- Master’s Degree in Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication. Communication Studies or Mass Communication
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in discipline preferably in higher education and or combination of related experience and education
- Proficiency and experience with technology in the classroomExcellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English Language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand engaging instructional materialProficiency in computer applications such as, MS Word, Excel and PowerPointAble to work flexibly, effectively in a fast-paced environmentWorks collaboratively in a team environmentDemonstrates energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Experience authoring digital content
- PhD in Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication Communication Studies or Mass Communication
- Instructional design experience, certificate, or Degree
3 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.