IXL is the world’s most popular subscription-based learning website. Over 5 million students around the globe use IXL to learn math, English language arts, science, and social studies.
As the content team’s first Project Manager, you will drive and shape our project management practices. You will develop a deep understanding of IXL’s content development goals and strategies and the technical challenges that engineers solve. You will support our curriculum developers, designers, engineers, and QA analysts by streamlining our workflows and reducing friction so that we can efficiently create and release new content.
- Oversee project planning, including working with team leads to define project scope and goals, identifying resources, and creating and managing project schedules
- Evaluate and recommend project management tools for team-wide use
- Constantly monitor progress and communicate project status to all stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements to ensure the efficient achievement of project goals
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, including cross-team projects
- Proactively manage schedule and scope changes, identify potential risks, and create contingency plans
- Serve as escalation point for customer issues
- 4+ years of software project management experience
- BA/BS degree in business, MIS, engineering, computer science, or a related field; advanced degree is a plus
- Knowledge of standard project management concepts and practices
- Familiarity with a wide range of project management tools
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Process- and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with object-oriented program design, front-end development, and iOS and Android app development
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus
3 or more years
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With one in 10 students already using IXL in the U.S., and over 20 billion questions asked and answered around the world, IXL is helping schools successfully use technology to improve teaching and learning.