Outreach Coordinator – Eastern Massachusetts
In addition this individual and will train educators in how to obtain and use accessible ebooks, and will be responsible for outreach to and training in Barnstable County, Dukes County, Essex County, Nantucket County. The Outreach Coordinator is an independent contractor. This is a 20 hour/week contract position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Bookshare’s local representative in your assigned geographic area
- Schedule and deliver training on accessible ebooks and Bookshare to the Education Service Center staff and educators in your assigned geographic area
- Represent Bookshare at conferences and other events in region
- Provide bi-weekly and monthly reports of your efforts to Benetech staff on a timely basis
- 3-5 years’ experience as an educator of K-12 students with special needs and/or as a trainer of educators of students with special needs
- Working knowledge of assistive technologies and accessible instructional materials, especially those used by students with print disabilities
- Proven experience delivering informative and engaging face-to-face presentations to large groups
- Proven experience leading effective hands-on lab workshops and online webinars
- Ability to work well with school administrators, educators, parents, and students
- Ability to travel on a weekly basis if needed within your assigned geographic regions
- Fluency in Spanish desirable (but not required)
3 to 5 years
Founded in 1989, Benetech (www.benetech.org) is a nonprofit that develops and uses technology to create positive social change. In 2002, Benetech launched Bookshare (www.bookshare.org), which is now the world's largest online accessible library of copyrighted ebooks for people with print disabilities.