Schoology - Austin, TX - Full time
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be in a hands-on development role for our award winning web application, Schoology, with a specific focus on Analytics.
We’ll look to you to help build an analytics experience that will scale with the incredible amount of growth we’re experiencing in our user base. This analytics experience should be presented to our teachers and school administrators in innovative and responsive ways to allow them to make more data-driven decisions.
Additionally, you will help us begin a brand new analytics architecture in Schoology. We want you to help set the patterns that will exist for our reports and visualizations for the future. We’ve started with Flux architectural pattern and ReactJS but that is just the beginning of what we need to build this system. The right candidate is ready for this challenge and eager to apply great software engineering practices to the Schoology web UI application.
- Collaborate with product management and design to create and deliver the functional vision of the product. We’ll look to you to make sure that we’re utilizing the best front end development techniques architectural patterns, frameworks and libraries that allow us to deliver a great experience to our users and an implementation which we can easily maintain and extend over time.
- Implement our web UI architecture.
- Guide the implementation and adoption of a live style guide that will allow the engineering organization to quickly deliver a consistent experience across the web application.
- Assure that our tooling and processes consider accessibility, internationalization and localization as first-class concerns.
- Support the Quality Engineering team in keeping the UI test automation framework aligned with our web UI architecture.
To succeed in the position, you will need:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer focusing on client side web application development
- Solid understanding of patterns and frameworks such as Flux w/ ReactJS, AngularJS, etc.
- Deep expertise in HTML5, CSS3 specifications
- Deep expertise in SASS, LESS, or other CSS extension languages
- Expertise in minification tools
- Experience contributing to software architecture
- Experience working with consumer facing web products
- Experience with systems with sophisticated access control capabilities
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems and data
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a SaaS startup
- Experience with server applications using the Laravel framework in PHP
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
3 or more years
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.