The Product Marketing Manager is a critical member of the BrightBytes team, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing. Working collaboratively with fellow marketing team members, as well as colleagues in Product Development, Content, Sales, and Client Services, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing throughout the product lifecycles. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager will lead our efforts in supporting sales enablement and implementation with the necessary tools and materials. The Product Marketing Manager is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of the content and strategies of the BrightBytes modules, as well as knowledge of current education trends and marketing practices.
- Serve as the marketing team’s lead liaison on BrightBytes’ products to communicate product features, functionality, and enhancements both internally and externally
- Provide the market voice and perspective, including competitive market analysis, throughout the development process on programs with significant school market presence. Work with product developers in shaping new products and developing appropriate pricing,delivery, and timing to the market
- Manage all market-facing communication aspects of the product life-cycle process including: launch strategy/relevant communication materials and tactics for new products, product version upgrades and migration for existing products
- Continually solicit and incorporate the feedback of sales, client success and customers
- Work collaboratively to create, refine and maintain sales enablement and support tools including: product messaging, presentation templates/scripting, product demos and video, web content, and playbooks
- Work with sales team members and consultants to shape messaging and materials to maximize localized sales opportunities including state campaigns
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in product marketing, preferably in the educational publishing or educational technology field
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree preferred
- Strong understanding of the purchasing processes and influencers in the K–12 market
- experience working with direct sales team members and resellers preferred
- Established workflows, processes, and best practices to coordinate product marketing activities from conception through launch
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including experience working with multi-product portfolios
- Analytical, resourceful, and thoughtful team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation tools highly desired
3 to 10 years
BrightBytes improves learning for millions of students globally through the use of learning analytics and industry research. The company's flagship product, called Clarity, is an online platform that gives educational leaders everything they need to make faster, better decisions in schools. More than 10% of U.S. schools use Clarity, and hundreds more purchase the platform every week.
BrightBytes is a mission-driven organization founded by educational practitioners, education researchers and industry experts who care deeply about the education space. One of the founders is Rob Mancabelli, an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of educational leadership and the co-author of the award-winning book, Personal Learning Networks. BrightBytes hires mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.