Flocabulary - New York, NY - Full time
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a Product Manager with a passion for education. You’re empathetic and feel comfortable talking to teachers, students, salespeople and engineers. Whether you call yourself a technical person or not, you have strong technical literacy and can write great user stories and specs. You have an excellent eye for detail and the organizational skills to manage complicated projects. You pick up new things quickly. You want to make meaningful contributions to an organization committed to making students’ and teachers’ lives better.
As part of the growing Product Management team you’ll make meaningful contributions in two essential areas:
(1) Extend and evolve our internal systems integrations and
(2) Take Flocabulary’s webapp to the next level
You will represent and translate the process and systems needs of the customer-facing organization (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Customer Support) for our Product and Engineering teams, and convert these needs to discrete projects/deliverables that are researched, prioritized, spec’d, and shipped in a timely manner. You will play a critical role as the interface between the leads for Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Engineering, ensuring that our internal processes work in concert and without friction in support of go-to-market execution.
Additionally, our customers love us, but there’s only so much time in a teacher’s day and only so much budget to spend on educational tools. To help ensure we make the right product decisions, you’ll be gathering and synthesizing information from diverse sources: interviews with teachers and admins, observation of users “in the wild,” data analysis, competitor research, conversations with internal stakeholders. You’ll work with the software development team to make sure what’s built meets the requirements, and then share the exciting new features with the rest of the team.
Specifically you will:
- Function as a product owner for some of our EdTech application features and sales/marketing/business-related stories in our scrum-flavored agile development process.
- Use a variety of methods to learn about our users and market
- Work with the product team to manage the product backlog
- Write user stories and specs for the engineering team
- Be a presence in daily engineering standups, ready to assist the engineers or clear up any issues
- User-test and gather feedback on new features using a variety of tools and techniques
- Train the sales and marketing teams on new features
Some projects you’ll take the lead on:
- Building interactive features to enrich how students’ experience Flocabulary
- Improving our website to increase conversions from visitors to trialists to paid users
- Making improvements to the ways that schools can set up and manage students and class rosters
- Work with marketing and customer success to improve the efficacy of our email sequence for new users
You will report to the VP, Product Management.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years as a Product Manager
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to talk shop with software developers and salespeople
- Bonus points for experience in education or edtech
- Bonus points for experience working on a web-based SaaS product
3 or more years
- We love what we do and have fun doing it
- We offer full-time employees medical/vision/dental, as well as a 401k
- We offer generous vacation and family leave policies
- We work in DUMBO with views of the water, bridges and skyline
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY.