Partner Managers (PMs) are specialized consultants working to dramatically expand the development of online educational offerings with the top universities and institutions around the world. In support of this mission, PMs advise both institutional leadership and production teams in taking advantage of edX technology and services as well as industry best practices to create impactful online courses and programs.
PMs are responsible for managing a portfolio of relationships of our partner institutions, and driving results through consultative guidance and account management efforts. PMs are systems-thinkers who drive the development and growth of a client’s strategic contributions to edX. This includes collaborating with a partner’s leadership team to advise on strategy and delivery of a portfolio of courses and learning programs; guiding partners to leverage best practices; and driving partners to create offerings that offer substantive value for global learners.
PMs bring a unique balance of business acumen, executive presence, customer centricity, project management skills, educational approaches, and technical savvy to help our partners be successful.
- Serve as primary point of contact for edX partners and own partner relationships throughout their institution - from course teams to leadership.
- Drive partners to deliver maximum strategic value to edX and its learners, as measured by high-impact courses and their related enrollment and revenue.
- Deeply understand partner objectives and success measures and be able to articulate edX’s; develop and execute on account plans to deliver revenue, growth and renewal goals.
- Coordinate the efforts of partners and various internal teams engaged in course strategy, production and delivery.
- Position and sell new ideas and opportunities to your partners to ensure we are building a sustainable model for the mutual benefit of all.
- Help partner teams adopt best practices for workflows and tools, while encouraging innovation.
- Engage in planning around partnership, product and course content goals.
- Represent partners’ interests across the organization (e.g., with product management, marketing, or others) while balancing them against edX’s interests and plans.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 - 5 years experience in professional services or account management serving leading global organizations.
- Proven success achieving to measurable, aggressive growth targets.
- Competitive spirit; thrives in owning responsibility to drive adoption of new ideas.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Positive, team player with a roll up your sleeves, service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, deploying SaaS technologies, or content production preferred.
- Proven ability to meet or beat quota-based goals - e.g. revenue or services/product sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Degree in business a plus.
- Fluent foreign language skills are a plus.
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Visa sponsorship not available.
3 to 5 years
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.
With more than 90 global partners, we are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. EdX university members top the QS World University Rankings® with our founders receiving the top honors, and edX partner institutions ranking highly on the full list.