Manager of Partnerships
PowerMyLearning - San Francisco, CA - Full time
PowerMyLearning is poised for an exciting phase of growth in its school presence in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Manager of Partnerships will lead PowerMyLearning’s outreach efforts in the area, with special responsibility for recruiting new school/district partners and executing on our regional development strategy.
The Manager of Partnerships will be expected to take the lead on researching and recruiting new school partners, from initial outreach to program launch. This will include in-person meetings at schools, districts, charter school networks, and other potential partner organizations across the region. The Manager of Partnerships will be accountable for reaching school partnership goals, in order to increase our impact each program year in accordance with our strategic plan.
The Manager of Partnerships will also support our development and fundraising strategy in the Bay Area, in partnership with the Director of Development.
This position reports to the Director of Programs and also collaborates with the Manager of Blended Learning and the Director of Development.
The Manager of Partnership’s responsibilities align with the three major goals of our strategic plan: scale our impact, secure our future, and build awareness.
Scale Our Impact
- Conduct outreach to new school partners to generate new partnerships and ensure all potential partners are aware of and excited about our programs and services
- Engage with existing school partners to solidify and expand existing partnerships
- Track new and existing school contacts using internal systems and database
- Cultivate school-based PowerMyLearning champions who are excited to help the organization further its mission
- Lead regional efforts to engage more teachers, schools, and partner organizations in our work each year by participating in annual school selection process and other events outside of program implementation
- Other duties as necessary, including attendance at Saturday and evening program events as needed during the school year with comp time to be used the following week (approximately 2-3 times per year)
Secure Our Future
●. Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve overall team goals and actively engage in cross-regional collaboration and share best practices
●Proactively educate all regional staff members on lessons learned during their time in schools and emerging trends in the field of blended learning
●In conjunction with Senior Leadership, help prepare for and attend meetings with funders and potential funders as needed, including leveraging relationships with schools and school district staff for visits from potential partner organizations and funders
●Gather and accurately report program data for local and national sustainability efforts
●Actively solicit positive and constructive feedback from his/her supervisor and other team members, and keep his/her supervisor and other team members informed of changing priorities
●Communicate the mission and theory of change to staff, partners, funders, and other stakeholders
●Represent the organization at a variety of education-related events, sharing information about our mission and impact with a variety of stakeholders
- Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission
- At least four years of professional experience, of which at least two years must be in program partnerships, business development, sales, or development/fundraising
- Understanding of educational landscape in the Bay Area, especially in low-income communities
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong internal drive and demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated flexibility when priorities change
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing school partnerships
- Experience teaching at a Bay Area middle or elementary school
- Experience working with Salesforce and other data management systems
Compensation will be very competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers a competitive benefits package.
Please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and stating both your current compensation and how you heard about this opportunity, to jobs@PowerMyLearning.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: Manager of Partnerships
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will contact only those candidates whose professional experience meets our requirements. No phone calls please.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer.
3 to 5 years
PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards.
We partner with schools, districts, and after-school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.