About the Role
The Mathematics Assessment Consultant is a project-based position that works with New Classrooms’ academic team. As a consultant, you will will be responsible for analyzing past assessment data to help edit multiple choice and short answer questions. You will also help determine areas where new questions need to be created.
What You Would Do
- Use your love for data to analyze assessment results, looking for areas to improve
- Think creatively to make enhancements to existing questions based on data
- Engage in thoughtful collaboration with the assessment team to design new assessment questions
- Create new assessment questions on a digital platform
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of classroom teaching experience in math, grades K-12
- Deep understanding of middle/high school mathematics curriculum
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability to write in kid-friendly language
- Basic understanding of HTML/XML
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to self-start and work autonomously
- An empathetic approach to the world
- A willingness to listen and think before engaging in the assessment design process
- An understanding that there is more to math than just finding the “right” answer
- A strong belief that all students deserve an excellent education
Please submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
1 to 5 years
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 10,000 students in 28 pioneering schools. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that continually looks to match our team members with roles that fit their strengths and interests. We look to bring on new team members who share a deep-seated interest in improving our nation’s schools, solving problems in innovative ways, getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment, and growing professionally.