As a member of the Cengage Learning Engagement Services marketing team, the primary objective for this position is to drive activation, usage, and re-orders of Cengage Learning digital products by creating and managing a comprehensive faculty onboarding training and development program that moves customers from adoption to implementation and advocacy.
The Manager of Faculty Training and Engagement will work with the Engagement Services Marketing Director, the Advocacy team, the product and digital marketing teams, and GPT to develop and deliver a holistic training and development program for new and existing adopters of Cengage Learning digital solutions that will drive product usage and loyalty. The Manager of Faculty Training and Engagement will also work with the Engagement Services, digital, and product marketing teams to drive internal and external awareness and usage of this program.
- Create and direct a comprehensive training and onboarding program that ensures faculty see the importance of incorporating digital tools in their teaching practices and understand how to effectively implement specific Cengage Learning digital solutions in their classes.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of contextualized, pedagogically-based training assets for our top digital platforms, directed at increasing the usage and activation of digital products in the classroom.
- Work with the strategy team to measure and communicate the impact of our training offerings on activation and retention.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with team members from product marketing, digital marketing, GPM, and GPT to ensure our training programs and resources reflect the latest product and platform updates.
- Collaborate with the advocacy team to leverage Faculty Partners as subject matter experts and to design advanced training programs/assets that will foster the development of new Faculty Partners.
- Develop content for marketing campaigns (e.g. eCampaigns, content marketing, partnerships, etc.) on the impact of effective use of digital in the classroom and our unique service and training proposition.
- Create resources for internal stakeholders and external customers that convey knowledge, passion, and expertise in using Cengage Learning digital solutions.
- Provide feedback on messaging and materials geared toward onboarding Higher Ed faculty.
- Expand faculty insight research efforts by targeting new and continued users of Cengage Learning digital products whose positive results can help inform new adopters’ experiences.
- Travel to and lead sessions geared toward the facilitation of online learning and usage of Cengage digital tools in the classrooms at high-priority Higher Ed conferences and events.
- Stay up to date on current issues and research in Higher Ed, with emphasis on the impact of educational technology on instructional practices and regularly communicating research findings to various Sales, Marketing, and Product colleagues.
- Maintain regular contact with internal and external customers (via on-ground and virtual interviews, focus groups, and collaboration with the market research team) to stay abreast of customers’ evolving training and development needs.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience (using digital solutions)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional development experience
- Working knowledge of video editing software such as Camtasia.
- Proven project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize as well as juggle competing priorities
- The creativity and ingenuity needed to create content strategies that balance user needs with business requirements.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- MA in Marketing, Communication, or Business
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.