XQ Project Director
Digital Promise - Vista, CA - Full time
About the Position
The XQ Super School Project challenged educators and leaders throughout the country to reimagine high school. After a year-long competition Digital Promise along with our partner, Vista High School in Northern San Diego County, was one of only 10 applicants to be awarded a $10 million dollar prize to bring their vision to life over the next five years.
In our application we imagined transforming Vista High School into a school that would make exploring global challenges core to students prepare for college, career and life. Serving over 2,600 students, Vista High will engage students and teachers with solving challenges associated with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, solve for personalizing learning at scale and support every student with a culture of social and emotional learning and restorative practices. Working in immersive and community based environments, Vista students will address apply their growing academic and content knowledge to solve local problems affecting them and their communities.
Digital Promise is seeking an innovative, forward looking Project Director to join the leadership team. The Project Director, a Digital Promise staff position, will have direct responsibility for managing external partnerships, site visits and communications and assist with the design and facilitation of external facing project meetings. He/she will work on-site at Vista High School on a daily basis. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Vista High School and District team, maintaining a strong, productive, effective and collaborative partnership. He/she will serve as a liaison between Vista and Digital Promise ensuring that Digital Promise resources are integrated into the implementation as needed and appropriate.
- Participate in the leadership and management of all aspects of the project
- Manage all external partnerships including consulting engagements
- Lead the production of communications assets, engagement with community, coordination of school based site visits and associated events
- Engage students with communicating effectively about their school and providing tours and insights
- Serve as a liaison between VHS and Digital Promise, continuously strengthening the relationship between the two organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Entrepreneurship, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in education, entrepreneurship, coalition building, and/or a related field. Experience in education innovation.
- Project management and leadership experience
- Working knowledge of technology, personalized learning, student agency, social and emotional development
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to develop and meet ambitious milestones
- Experience managing high-value partnerships
- Experience with design thinking and meeting facilitation preferred
- A strong commitment to improving education for K-12 learners in informal and formal learning environments
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for learning and for improving education opportunity at scale,
- Possess a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
11 or more years
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.