About the Position
Digital Promise along with our partner, Vista High School in Northern San Diego County won the XQ Super School Project. Vista High School is the school that will implement the personalized, technology rich and student centered high school program. Serving over 2,600 students, Vista High will engage students and teachers with solving challenges associated with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and design for personalized learning at scale. Working in immersive and community based environments, Vista students will address major global challenges and apply their knowledge to solve local problems affecting them and their communities.
Digital Promise is seeking a Project Director to embed with the Vista High School leadership team and manage external partnerships, site visits, communications and will help ensure the overall success and integrity of the project. The Project Director will be involved with Vista High’s XQ Super School program governance, specifically in collaboration with the Vista High’s internal project manager for the XQ project.
The successful candidate will be employed by Digital Promise, report to the Digital Promise CEO and serve as a liaison between Vista High School and Digital Promise. He or she will be responsible for a maintaining a strong, productive and effective partnership with Vista High and district leadership.
- Participate in the overall management of all aspects of the project
- Manage all external partnerships including consulting engagements
- Lead the production of communications assets, engagement with community, coordination of school based site visits and associated events
- Engage students with communicating effectively about their school and providing tours and insight
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Entrepreneurship, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in education, entrepreneurship, coalition building, and/or a related field. Experience in education innovation.
- Project management and leadership experience
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to develop and meet ambitious milestones
- Experience managing high-value partnerships
- A strong commitment to improving education for K-12 learners in informal and formal learning environments
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for learning and for improving education opportunity at scale,
- Possess a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
11 or more years
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.