Under the direction of the Program Consultant, the Teacher Coach / Mentor coaches and co-facilitates professional development to teachers, mentors and/or administrators. This position may also mentor beginning or veteran teachers and/or school leaders. The Teacher Coach / Mentor also co-consults on program implementation with clients where they are delivering professional development, and participates on work teams to design products and services for New Teacher Center (NTC).
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Present and facilitate a variety of professional development to teachers, mentors, instructional coaches, and schools
- Coach/mentor a team of teachers
- Consult with NTC staff to support school district leaders and stakeholders with program implementation
- Build relationships with clients on the ground
- Participate on teams to design professional development products and services for current projects
- Participate in collaborative NTC team meetings
- May co-consult directly with grant project leads and/or program stakeholders on program planning and implementation, develop and coordinate professional development events
- Develop conference proposals and conduct conference presentations
- Participate in relevant professional learning opportunities
- Remain current with professional readings and research
- Embrace NTC Theory of Action and spirit of collaboration and contribute to the ongoing improvement of New Teacher Center programs
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of recent classroom teaching experience in (K-12)
- 2 years of mentoring experience in NTC supported model or equivalent preferred
- Must have teacher leader experience and/or responsibilities
- Valid teaching and/or administrative certificate/licensure
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of professional teaching and/or administrative standards, content materials, assessment and methods that improve student achievement in core standard areas
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of Common Core standards
- Knowledge of balanced literacy instructional practices and/or current math pedagogy a plus
- Ability to develop and write training materials, grants and reports
- Ability to manage one’s time and productivity in a fluid, team oriented, work environment with a high level of initiative, creativity and flexibility
3 or more years
Are you passionate about education? Do you want all students to have access to a quality education regardless of their zip code? We hope you’ll join us in furthering our mission of improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders.
New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving student learning by guiding a new generation of educators. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works in conjunction with school districts, state policy makers and educators across the country to increase the effectiveness of teachers and school leaders at all levels. These programs are built upon research-based principles for teacher onboarding, mentoring and ongoing coaching, and are proven to accelerate teacher effectiveness, reduce teacher churn and improve student achievement. NTC has made it their mission to overcome challenges students and teachers face by providing all educators with the support and resources necessary to succeed from their first day to their last. NTC now supports over 8,500 mentors and coaches and 31,600 teachers, and is improving the learning of over 2.2 million students across the country.
New Teacher Center offers an outstanding benefit package to all eligible staff! Below is a list of some of the benefits you’ll have access to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), dependent care, parking & transit program
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Most importantly, we offer a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment with colleagues who are passionate about improving education!
If you are interested in this role, please upload your resume and a cover letter to the following link, explaining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and why you are interested in a position with New Teacher Center. Thank you!