Chalk Schools - San Francisco, CA - Full time
We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to help us change how districts across the country operate and run every single day. You should have a passion for developing products for communities traditionally underserved by technology and a desire to build an inclusive and collaborative engineering culture. If you are tirelessly curious and want to have a huge impact with the work you do everyday, we could be a great fit!
We need someone who will:
- Contribute to the architecture, performance and scalability of a fast growing enterprise platform. Create and shape architecture that enables many potential futures without knowing exactly what the future is.
- Ship critical features to provide value to our customers.
- Provide strategies for eliminating technical debt and suggested timelines for how to prioritize it.
- Articulate ideas and beliefs clearly to the team. Persuade, listen and guide debates to help reach a consensus.
- Excel at getting the team to focus on the highest-impact projects. Lead delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines. Be proactive in identifying and clearing roadblocks for the team.
- Nurture the technical and leadership growth of other engineers. Make others better through code reviews, pairing, documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
What you’ll bring:
- Intense curiosity and problem solving nature — it brings you joy to chew through difficult technical problems and develop simple, clean code and architecture for complex needs
- Track record of building usable, scalable products (we'd love to see your portfolio or links to any projects you can share!)
- Collaborative development style: you enjoy pair programming and learning with and from our team
- Ability to balance attention to detail with broader project goals and timelines
- Passion for building user-centric products
- Experience with architecting and scaling SaaS enterprise applications is a strong bonus
Are you an engineer who wants to have a huge impact with the work you do everyday?
Email your resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com.
Chalk Schools is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
3 or more years
At Chalk Schools, we are committed to freeing school administrators to run their districts at their best. By bringing their mission critical processes online, districts across the country are moving away from the inefficiency and unreliability of paper with our platform.
Our diverse team comes from a variety of backgrounds — in our past lives, we were school administrators, financial systems architects, nonprofit leaders, startup founders, building architects, and NFL players — but we all share a deep passion for K-12 education and bringing technology to traditionally underserved communities
Our innovative forms and workflow platform transforms the school back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators and leaders across the country. We help schools hire the best teachers faster, manage bus routes for students with special needs, handle hundreds of chair requests during graduation season and ensure that permission slips return without requiring teachers to track down every last sheet of paper.