Content Developer - ed2go
Cengage Learning - Remote - Full time
As part of a high performance team, the Content Developer manages in-house and out-of-house development of educational products to clarify, strengthen, and enhance their quality. Uses management skills to successfully manage complex projects or a large slate of products to ensure timely delivery and cost effectiveness. Broadly stated, the position involves (1) maximizing the potential of the product in content, quality, and marketability, (2) managing outside resources (3) project scheduling, content preparation, and quality assurance test plan, and (4) product enhancement and author/subject matter expert prospect strategies
Maximizing Product Potential - In conjunction with the product development team, participates in refining the product premise, defining the target market, and determining the scope and nature of development work.
Optimizing Product Potential - Project Marketability- In conjunction with the product development team, participates in the development process including designing promotional materials, reviewing and analyzing competitor products, and recommending revision strategy based upon customer needs.
Managing Outside Resources to Maximize Product Content and Marketability- Facilitates content development process by securing and managing outside resources and contracts.
Project Scheduling, Content Preparation, and Quality Assurance Test Plans- Participates in creating and maintaining planning paths to ensure quick to market dates for all core products and ancillaries, including collaborating with quality assurance teams and subject matter experts. Coordinates and advises subject matter experts in course development processes and effective course design.
Product Enhancement and Author Prospect Strategies- Assists in the identification and evaluation of subject matter experts and manages process. Recommends new growth areas for product line as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years print and/or digital product development and project management experience.
- Tech savvy with a basic understanding of media technology.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills are critical.
- Must be an excellent communicator and a team player and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work within budgets and schedules.
- Must be flexible to accept cross-functional responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (word processing and spreadsheets).
- Ability to gather and synthesize customer and market feedback.
- Effective networking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to travel, less than 10%.
- Understanding of academic market dynamics.
- Experience with instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design.
- Ability to work with software teams and learning processes such as Agile.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.