Our goal is to support teachers in developing their instructional practice supported by technology. With hands-on experience in charter, public, parochial, and independent schools in New York City, New Jersey and Connecticut, Educate has a proven track record of supporting the growth of schools and teachers.
Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and bring enthusiasm surrounding teaching practice to our schools. We strive to create an environment in which all Instructional Technology Coaches can contribute their professional experience to integrate technology in to classroom instruction.
- Serve as on-site support for teachers at specific client sites a few times during the week.
- Plan, develop and provide instructional technology coaching to teachers.
- Model technology integration in all curricular areas.
- Demonstrate how to use technology as a teaching tool in client sites
- Work with teachers to design engaging lessons that incorporate technology.
- Provide on-going information assistance to faculty in the use of computers, classroom technology equipment, and software packages utilized in classroom setting
- Monitor performance of teachers to ensure they are gaining new technology skills.
- Evaluate and research new technologies on an on-going basis.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time teaching experience (student teaching doesn’t qualify).
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in education is preferred.
- Proficiency in educational hardware and software with a willingness to learn new programs.
- Strong curriculum design and planning skills.
- Strong belief that technology can be used to enhance the learning experience in the classroom.
- Experience managing or coaching teachers or school leaders is preferred.
- Proven track record of early adoption of technology in the classroom.
- Ability to take complicated topics and explain them in simple terms.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
3 or more years
Educate empowers teachers to transform learning by combining the power of technology with instructional best practices.
Since 2000, our coaches have trained thousands of teachers in K-12 public, charter, independent, and parochial schools across the NYC metro area. By weaving together instructional strategies and technological fluency, we help schools and teachers engage students, raise performance, and elevate learning environments.