The Content Development Manager for the Development group in Global Product Management (GPM) leads a portfolio-based learning solutions content-development team within Cengage Learning’s higher education academic solutions group. This position and the development team align and collaborate with leaders and product teams within GPM and across Cengage Learning (CL) functional areas to achieve or exceed group and company goals.
- Manages assigned portfolio group’s content development teams to achieve Cengage Learning's and Product Management’s learning solutions’ requirements throughout the content development life cycle.
- Oversees implementation of content development processes and procedures for learning solutions at the title or list level to ensure that group’s learning solutions meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Launch, execute, and deliver assigned projects on schedule and at forecasted budget and fulfilling key objectives.
- Partner with key stakeholders in production, acquisitions, marketing, and digital to keep abreast of any issues affecting development.
- Monitor competitive landscape and competitors’ learning solutions. Track, understand, and communicate evolving customer demands to drive her/his group’s strategic responses to competitors’ activities and customers’ needs as coordinated with and guided by Product Management teams and with input from the Product Marketing group.
- Manage group to achieve or beat individually-defined learning solutions content development budgets to achieve established business objectives.
- Serve as the discipline(s) group’s content development point of contact to drive business and functional requirements for core objectives and initiatives.
- Train and mentor content developers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years content development and project management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.
- Tech savvy with broad, expert, understanding of new media and technology.
- Must be an excellent communicator and a team player and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to manage budgets and schedules; demonstrated financial acumen.
- Must be flexible to accept cross-functional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to gather and synthesize customer and market feedback.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital processes, workflows, and experience working with various platforms.
- Ability to work with software teams and learning processes such as Agile.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, leading, and training team members.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology and industry standards. Ability to implement new processes, procedures, and standards, in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Effective problem-solving and critical thinking skills; able to predict, identify, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to travel, less than 20%.
- Understanding of academic market dynamics.
- Experience with instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design.
- Strong presentation skills
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.