DO YOU LIVE OUR GROW VALUES?
Our work is fun, but it is also hard. We look every challenge square in the face and say, “bring it on!” We are not afraid to fail. When we do, we pick ourselves up. When others do, we extend a hand.
Roots is a school family. We respect our teachers, our classmates, our community and ourselves. We see strengths in all people first. We use our words to solve problems and always assume the best. Our kindness is contagious.
We take ownership over our words and actions. We are open and honest. We make plans for our plans. We freely admit mistakes and embrace difficult conversations. We deeply feel our shared responsibility for all our scholars.
Education done right begins and ends in wonder. We marvel at – and are humbled by – one another and the world around us. We are obsessed with questions – the questions we ask our scholars, ourselves, our teammates, and most importantly the questions we inspire our scholars to ask of us.
DO YOU WANT TO...
● Teach like it’s soccer not tennis by joining a team of eight phenomenal educators working with a group of K-2 scholars(note: if you like to close the door to your classroom and be left alone to work your magic, Roots is not for you)
● Infuse every lesson, every conference, every Socratic Seminar with extraordinary intellectual rigor and limitless joy
● Become an expert in reading, writing and social studies and lead your scholars to become powerful little experts themselves
● Constantly refine your skills through coaching, weekly professional development, data analysis and collaborative planning
● Use formal and informal assessments constantly to drive your instruction and teach in small groups● Be an innovator in your field, push the limits of what’s possible, try new things, fall on your face and try again
DO YOU HAVE...
● An unwavering personal commitment to closing the opportunity gap for all children in our time
● 2 - 4+ years of experience driving superior results in an elementary school classroom
● Data in your veins: you analyze, interpret, and use data to collaborate, identify gaps, and drive results
● Strong project management skills including goal setting, backwards planning, and executing consistently
● Comfort with ambiguity, ability to operate in a fluid work environment, and confidence "building the plane while flying it"
IS THIS YOU?
Visit https://hire.li/4dadd17 to apply. This is a full time position beginning as soon as possible. Compensation is competitive and includes health and retirement benefits. Other perks include money toward a gym membership or ski pass, swag, smiles and lots of high fives.
1 or more years
Roots Elementary is a new charter school in Denver, CO. Roots leverages best practices from around the country and cutting-edge technology to build a groundbreaking new elementary model that finally puts students at the center of their education.