Customer Service Representative
PowerMyLearning - New York, NY - Part time
Position: Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Part-Time (Friday afternoons and Saturdays during the school year)
Location: New York City Region
Start Date: ASAP
PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.
PowerMyLearning’sCustomerService Representatives(CSRs)work toensure that families attending PowerMyLearning’s Family Learning Workshops arekeeping pace withthe training curriculum and are engaged intheworkshop. They areresponsiblefor supportingtheFamily Trainerswholead a workshop for familiesonhow toeffectivelyuse their PowerMyLearning HomeLearning Centertostrengthencore academic skills.The focus ofthe training isonhelping parents feel more empowered to help theirchildrendobetterinschool.
This position requires work onFriday and Saturday. Thetimecommitment onFridayswill vary depending onthe school,but willaveragefourhours fromapproximately1pm-5pm. Saturdays areapproximatelyeight hours(8:30am– 5:00pm),including a 30minuteunpaid lunch. PowerMyLearning partnerschools are located inNew York City(all boroughs) and locations will vary throughout the school year. This position reports to the Program Manager, Family Engagement on the New York City team.
- WorkwiththeNew York City regional team toimplementa fun, engaging andhighenergy workshop
- Set-up ofclassroomsat partner schools on Friday afternoons, including preparingclassrooms with the appropriate amount ofdesks and chairs, runningelectrical cables, settingup computers, monitors andperipherals, etc.
- Provide excellent customerserviceto PowerMyLearning’s familiesand schools
- Provide classroom support to PowerMyLearning Family Trainersbyencouraging families to fully engageand participate inthe workshopas well asansweringquestions that families may have
- Provideminortroubleshootingwith non-computerequipment inthe classrooms
- Assist withthe breakdownofclassrooms(including moving desks and chairs)and packingawayequipment at the completionofa SaturdayFamilyLearningWorkshop
- Assist withthesecurity andsafety ofPowerMyLearning’s computerequipmentat theFamilyLearning Workshops
- Coordinate with PowerMyLearning’s Program Manager and Coordinator, Family Trainers and Registration Coordinators
- Other dutiesasnecessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other language
- PassionforPowerMyLearning’s mission
- Strongcustomerservice skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability tocommunicateclearly and accurately
- Enjoysworking withfamiliesand students
- Strong problem-solver
- Teamplayerwhois alsocapableofworkingindependently orwithminimal oversight
- Able to lift a minimum of30 lbs.
- Availability on Friday afternoons and Saturdays
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $15 perhour
- Compensationdoesnot includethecost of transportation
- Lunch provided during all workshops
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent salary, and how you heard about this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: NYC Customer Service Representative
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.