What you would do:
- Work in small teams and be able to contribute to discussions of architecture and design
- Contribute their creative energy to cross functional teams to come up with project ideas and improvements
- Develop new features and improve existing features
- Write elegant, readable, and well documented code
- At least 3 years building software products or the ability to convince us otherwise
- Experience understanding large code bases or ability to rapidly learn
- Strong problem solving skills
- A good understanding of quality
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Github page or similar portfolio of previous work or contribution to open source projects
- Passion for the educational space
- Mobile experience: apps and/or responsive design
- Experience with high performance websites and optimizations
- Familiar with Linux and Linux system administration
This is a full time position. We are located in downtown San Mateo, California, near Caltrain. We can help with relocation, but applicants must be authorized to work full time in the U.S. All full time employees get comprehensive insurance (medial, dental, vision, life), as well as 401k + matching. We have a great work life balance with an open vacation policy. For a full list of benefits and perks, please see our website.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Education.com's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our platform is having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Education.com has grown organically to a top U.S. education site. We are also proud of our company culture.
We have a modern, dog friendly, open office in downtown San Mateo. We have plenty of team events and outings. We believe in a culture of growth. We encourage every team member to come up with and contribute to project ideas. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across the site. The products we make have a direct impact millions of people. It's nice to feel good about the work you do. Come join us!
1 or more years
We’re a small team making a huge impact, running one of the fastest growing and highest quality platforms in education. Education.com helps parents and teachers to help their kids be successful in school. With over 9 million members, Education.com is one of the largest parenting and educational sites on the internet. We are aiming to be the preferred digital platform for early education. As a software engineer at Education.com, you would have an opportunity to develop technology that will help millions of people.